At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,400 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker & McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm.
The Chicago office of Baker McKenzie LLP seeks a Paralegal for the Global Equity Services group. This paralegal will support specifically, the groups Attorneys in the design, implementation and maintenance of global equity-based compensation plans for multinational issuers.
- Providing overall project management
- Assisting with the preparation of country-specific tax and securities filings
- Reviewing and finalizing draft documents and providing exceptional client communication
- Assist with analyzing re-pricing options as well as the impact of mergers, acquisitions and spinoffs on global equity plans
- Assisting attorneys with special surveys and organizational projects, such as advising financial services institutions on the implications of expanding their institutional funds and broker/dealer activities globally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a certificate of completion of a paralegal program
- A minimum of three (3) years paralegal experience required
- General knowledge of tax and privacy laws
- Superior attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SharePoint