The San Francisco and Palo Alto offices of Baker McKenzie LLP seek a U.S. Paralegal for the North America Transactional Practice Group. This paralegal will provide support to the Transactional Practice, which provides a full range of legal services relating to domestic and international corporate, issues to public and late stage private companies in a variety of sectors that have and/or are expanding their global operations. The Group’s expertise includes the incorporation and maintenance of foreign subsidiaries, international corporate reorganizations, post-acquisition consolidations of subsidiaries and advising clients on related business law issues.
• Works closely with clients on international corporate formation, maintenance and dissolution activities
• Works with Baker McKenzie offices and correspondent offices worldwide with respect to the foregoing
• Reviews documents from local counsel (i.e. shareholder and director resolutions) and assists with finalizing documents for client signature
• Maintains and updates corporate minute books for foreign entities
• Assists attorneys with research and project management tasks, particularly in conjunction with corporate reorganizations and consolidations
• Other duties as assigned
• May be required to work overtime on occasion.
Skills and Experience:
• General knowledge of U.S. corporate law
• Excellent writing, organizational, and client relationship skills and strong attention to detail
• Must have a BS or BA degree or a certificate of completion of a paralegal program, plus 3+ years of paralegal experience
• Experience with foreign incorporations and corporate maintenance highly desirable
• Foreign language skills desirable but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite