The Coordinator, North America Partner Recruiting will work with the Senior Manager, North America Partner Recruiting and Manager, North America Partner Recruiting to support lateral partner recruitment activities for the North America ("NA") region to deliver a best-in-class lateral partner recruitment process and candidate experience.
- Follow all recruitment processes to ensure all candidates receive a world-class candidate experience throughout the recruitment and selection process
- Coordinate the interview/evaluation process for lateral Partner and Counsel candidates in NA. This includes securing the requisite internal interviewers, developing and circulating candidate briefing materials to interviewers, and collecting and distributing interviewer feedback
- Track and maintain all NA Partner Search Firm Fee Agreements and process search invoices
- Maintain tracking of all lateral submissions and candidate activity in the NA applicant tracking system
- Work with local office HR contacts to ensure candidate background checks are performed; Work with New Business Intake team to process and clear candidate conflicts checks; Coordinate additional due diligence on prospective candidates as requested
- Liaise with local office and NA administrative contacts to ensure pre-arrival orientation items and lateral onboarding process are completed
- In conjunction with relevant recruiting team members, provide overflow support for lateral associate and professional business services recruitment in NA, as requested
- Maintain, organize and update partner recruiting files and other records.
- Support initial drafting of candidate proposals, offer letters, and supporting documentation.
- Update lateral tracking spreadsheets and reports for all partner candidates and active searches; Create and deliver additional reports as requested.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings with recruiting personnel and outside search firms as requested
- Oversee and/or collaborate on various partner recruiting-related projects, including the development of lateral recruiting collateral materials, drafting and distribution of internal newsletters, and quarterly auditing of various databases and records
- Contribute to cross-workstream recruiting projects as requested
- Conduct research and convey relevant findings on market trends, recruiting opportunities, and Firm recruiting performance as it relates to partner-level hiring
- Discharge other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Recruitment, Americas, the NA Senior Manager of Partner Recruitment, and/or members of Regional management
Skills and Experience:
- Some legal recruiting experience in a large law firm, preferably with multi-office and in support of lateral hiring
- Happy to consider candidates with campus or associate recruiting experience who are looking to transition into lateral partner recruiting
- The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with good project management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint); Experience with viRecruit or similar applicant tracking systems
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines, multitask, and deliver solutions against tight timelines
- Must interact professionally with high-level personnel, search firms and candidates
- Willing to be an active member of various recruiter organizations (e.g., city legal recruiting group; NALP; NALSC)
- Bachelor's degree required
The annual base compensation for this position is targeted at $65k to $75k annually if located in New York City.