The Secretarial Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the legal secretaries and administrative assistants in the New York Office. The Secretarial Manager also provides guidance to the Miami Office Administrator related to the management of legal secretaries and administrative assistants in the Miami office. This position works closely with management, attorneys, practice groups, and the North America Office Secretarial Manager, to further develop and advance legal secretarial services and opportunities in an evolving legal services environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise workflow and training of legal secretaries, overseeing all elements of secretarial performance and attendance
- Ensure and monitor secretarial usage of Firm Service Offerings and the technology supporting these services
- Determine optimal staffing requirements, manage utilization and monitor workloads.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring, orientation, training and integration of new hires
- Provides recommendations around best practices and works with management to implement such programs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, and a minimum of 7 years' experience in managing legal secretaries in a mid-to large size law firm. Previous experience working as a legal secretary strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products and experience with other legal industry specific software is required.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.