Responsible for preparing, reviewing, analyzing, researching, compiling and organizing legal documents in all stages of corporate transactions for lawyers.
- Preparation of documents and related filings with respect to incorporations, amendments, amalgamations, continuances (import and export), dissolutions, revivals general and limited partnerships
- Assist with complex multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions and relevant documents is a key consideration
- Experience with respect to tax driven reorganizations is an asset
- Minute book reviews and rectification of deficiencies
- Annual corporate maintenance including annual business, business name and extra-provincial registrations and renewals
- Routine matters such as director/officer changes, redemptions, dividends etc.
- Maintain corporate records database
- Mentoring junior clerks, reviewing junior clerks’ work as needed
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Very organized, detail oriented and team player
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and address client needs
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to anticipate issues that may arise, providing alternatives, suggestions etc.
- Knowledge of corporate law in Canadian jurisdictions other than Ontario and Federal
- Commitment to perform responsibilities with high professional and ethical standards, in a fast paces environment
- Ability to work independently and with excellent judgment to both follow instructions with minimal supervision and to take initiative as required
- Maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Corplink (or other corporate database program) and iManage or similar major document management system
Education and Experience:
- Corporate Law Clerk or Paralegal or equivalent degree/diploma.
- 8+ years of experience in a busy large major corporate transactional law firm environment