Baker McKenzie is committed to the recruitment of a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. We understand that organizations work best when people with different backgrounds and multiple points of view are brought together. This enriches our environment and allows us to better serve the rapidly changing needs of our clients across the world.
The Baker McKenzie Diversity Fellowship Program furthers our commitment to recruit and develop talented lawyers who seek to contribute to the advancement of diversity within the firm as well as the creation of a more inclusive legal profession.
The Baker McKenzie Diversity Fellowships are awarded to second year law students committed to contributing meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community. Each recipient receives USD 10,000 in addition to summer associate employment at Baker McKenzie.
Each applicant must receive an offer of summer employment at Baker McKenzie for their second-year summer, complete the Fellowship application and submit a brief essay.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A copy of your current résumé
- A copy of your undergraduate transcript
- A copy of your law school transcript
- A brief essay, 500 words or less, describing how you can contribute to the diversity and inclusion goals at Baker McKenzie, as well as the broader legal profession
- You must have made application to the Baker McKenzie 2L Summer Associate Program in the US or Toronto offices
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, starting August 1
Please direct all questions concerning the Baker McKenzie fellowship via email.