Baker McKenzie has been global since its inception. We invented the Global Law Firm and we remain a Firm where we have local expertise, worldwide. Being part of Baker McKenzie means being part of a truly multi-cultural firm united by a genuine and robust culture of friendship. We strive to be the best in whatever we do, across our practices, sectors, service lines and in our markets. Further, we encourage a growth mindset, a place where everybody can succeed, whatever your background and wherever you are located.
Our Summer Internship Program is designed to introduce students to the practice of law and allow you to explore why our Firm may be the right place to begin your career. Our North American offices are organized into six practice groups, and our Summer Interns are given the opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments to explore our practices at the local or regional level. Because we strive to offer a realistic professional experience, we place great importance on providing our Summer Interns with substantive work, according to your experience, of the same caliber as performed by the Firm's lawyers. We view our people as our greatest asset, and we are eager to engage our Summer Interns in the Firm's global vision to help our clients to lead, differentiate and adapt in a constantly changing world.
The importance we place on our Summer Interns Program cannot be overstated. The Firm is deeply committed to cultivating our lawyers through our highly respected Development Framework, comprehensive regional trainings and valuable mentorship programs. Our social activities and programming provide Summer Interns throughout North America with the structure to establish working relationships (and hopefully, friendships) with members of your Summer Intern class, as well as our Partners and Associates.
Being a global firm is not only about size or geography. It requires a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving, as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker McKenzie seeks Law Students who are committed to excellence, are good problem solvers and who aspire to work on diverse teams. Candidates who are self-starters and skilled at exercising extraordinary communication and sound judgement often excel at our Firm.
To be considered for our 2023 Summer Internship Program, please submit a resume, transcripts (document showing general GPA), cover letter with your application.
Are you looking for…?
- An opportunity to participate in real projects under supervision of qualified associates and partners
- Developing a commercial perspective to complement your legal education
- An opportunity be part during the program of one of the most recognized legal firms globally and to be in contact with the North America’s Offices
Participate in our Summer Program!
- A 2 month internship program with the opportunity to gain a real insight about working in an international and recognized legal firm
- You will participate in interesting scheme of seminars, training sessions, individual mentorship, integration activities and networking events
- You are currently between your 3rd and 7th semester in law school
- Have a fluent English level, both spoken and written
- Have an interest on expanding your knowledge of law with practical experience
- Have good academic background min 8 GPA
We are looking for candidates with great academic credentials, who strive for excellence and enjoy being challenged out of their comfort zone. We are looking for leaders who achieve their goals in and out of their classroom.
We are looking for you!
At the beginning of you resume please indicate:
- Your Practice Group preference, also your second option
- Current Law School semester
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE.- Baker McKenzie Abogados, S.C. ("Baker McKenzie" or "We"), with an address at Pedregal 24, Edificio Virreyes, 14th floor, Col. Molino del Rey, 11040, Mexico City, Mexico, is responsible for your personal data and protection. Baker McKenzie will use your personal data to evaluate your competencies as a candidate and your suitability for the position you are applying for. In general, your data is used to manage the recruitment and selection process. For more information on how we use and protect your personal data and the rights you have, please see our full Data Privacy Notice on the following link: