The Team Leader, Client Operational Support will assist and lead the day-to-day operations of a shift in the Client Operational Support Team; ensure that daily deliverables and projects of the team are consistently met within the Service Level Agreement/deadlines.
The Team Leader, Client Operational Support will ensure the effective and successful implementation of all organizational policies and departmental procedures and processes in order to deliver excellent client service while promoting a culture and environment that creates a great workplace for employees.
The Team Leader will monitor the performance of direct reports in accordance with the established standards, identify room for improvement and put in place performance improvement and development plans.
The Team Leader will also provide daily support to the Supervisor(s) and Manager of the Client Operational Support team; deputize in his/her absence particularly on team matters; and assist with planning and implementing new projects which include providing an estimate of costs, time and resources to complete the project.
- Work with Supervisor in supervising the day-to-day operations of a specific cluster within the Client Operational Support Team, ensuring that service level agreement are consistently met.
- Strategize, implement and monitor business plans specific to the Client Operational Support Team under the guidance of the Supervisor(s)/Manager(s).
- Lead ad hoc or special projects as requested by clients and/or Baker McKenzie managing offices in close coordination with the Supervisor.
- Respond to operational issues and/or queries raised by the team.
- Work with the Supervisor in coordinating with the agents, Baker McKenzie managing offices and clients regarding matters that are relevant to the delivery of GIPSC's agreed back-office support services.
- Prepare, provide and manage operational reports required by clients, Baker McKenzie managing offices and agents.
- Assist with the maintenance of records, proper documentation and quality checking for the timely delivery of requests and adherence to effective cost control measures.
- Provide assistance in investigating quality incidents reported by stakeholders, recommend, identify and implement approaches or procedures to resolve such issues.
- Identify, recommend and implement operational improvements.
- Attend or conduct client related meetings or calls as required with the guidance of and assistance of the Supervisor.
- Other relevant responsibilities as agreed with the GIPSC Management Team in accordance with the business needs or requirements.
- Work with the leaders in supervising the performance of the direct reports and ensure that proper mentoring, coaching and training are provided.
- Manage the recruitment and on-boarding of new hires.
- Work with OM and Supervisor(s) in managing development and performance improvement plans and investigating any HR-related issues.
- Manage learning hours and development objectives of direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree with good academic credentials.
- Relevant work experience in managing people and running business operations at a leader level would be advantageous.
- Experience in using electronic databases and applications designed for the maintenance of an intellectual property portfolio.
- Knowledge of GIPSC's processes as well as IP laws and procedures.
- Strong analytical, organizational skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions and find alternative solutions to problems.
- Above-average communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong presentation and client relationship skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Willingness to work in a shifting schedule and/or during holidays.