The Service Owner, Research and Information Alert Services will be an owner and business lead for all the research and information alert services, and their design, adoption, performance and continuous improvement, acting as the 'face' of the services at all levels of the organisation. Work closely with the relevant Knowledge Operations specialists, the roleholder is accountable for the service design, monitoring and managing the performance, quality and all operational aspects of the services. The role-holder will also manage all the Center teams providing the research and information alert services globally.
- Front and represent the services at all levels of the organisation, in project teams, transition teams and at leadership level, acting as the 'face' of the services firm wide, leading on adoption.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager for Research and Information Alerts, other Knowledge Operations specialists, Knowledge Directors, Knowledge Lawyers and Technology teams to define and implement the research and information alert services, ensuring alignment with the Firm and Knowledge strategies so that research and information alert services continue to evolve, meet the needs of stakeholders and add clear value to the business.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager for Knowledge Centres and Services and relevant Knowledge Operations specialists to design and sign off on all the research and information alert service materials. Define KPIs and SLAs and other service metrics, monitor and manage the performance and quality of the services and manage all operational aspects of the services.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager for Knowledge Centers and Services and other Knowledge Service Owners to ensure a seamless and consistent approach to high quality technical output, customer service and operational management of the services.
- Engage with internal and external clients and key stakeholders to proactively capture the 'voice of the customer', manage feedback requests, understand and capture business requirements and identify continuous improvement opportunities for the services and implement improvements.
- Work closely with In-Market Knowledge teams to ensure they leverage and adopt the services appropriately, helping manage demand using appropriate change management strategies.
- Lead research and information alert service design and improvement projects and support and participate in appropriate other global Knowledge projects.
- Contribute substantively to research and information alert services and by leading Knowledge projects as required.
- Lead and manage the Center Research and Information Alert teams, monitoring their progress, quality of output and delivery of service. Monitor and manage the Knowledge Research and Information Alert teams' capacity and pipeline of work and identify resourcing issues.
- Ensure the Center Research and Information Alert teams are high performing and agile teams, capable of meeting the various and changing demands of the business and markets as well as adapting to the impact of technology on law firms and research and information alert delivery.
- Ensure there is appropriate development and training in place for the Center Research and Information alert teams both in respect of the services, general skills and any specialist and/or subject matter expertise training and support required.
- As a manager in a Centre support other line management needs of the Knowledge teams as required.
Knowledge & Expertise
- Maintain and continually develop subject matter expertise with high levels of practical customer engagement and customer service delivery, be actively aw are of developments internally and within the market on Knowledge research and information alert services, new practices and approaches, actioning any relevant implications and maintaining an active network of Service Owners in and outside the Function.
- Understand and document the complex and evolving business requirements for research and information alert services of attorneys and Knowledge professionals across the Baker McKenzie network.
- Be known in the Firm as the business lead and go to person for the resolution of issues and business solutions for research and information alert services, including services teams, processes and solutions.
Operational efficiencies, quality and risk mitigation
- Manage service related issues and customer feedback to maintain quality assurance and minimise business impact and risk, escalating any challenges in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure internal and external communications regarding research and information alert services and ensure the development of training content relating to the provision and use of research and information alert services.
- Define processes, policies, best practice and guidance for research and information alert services, analysing best practice compliance and adoption on a regular basis through robust audit and reporting processes, identifying underlying trends, gaps and opportunities for improving the services and service adoption and presenting these to key stakeholders.
- Work with In-Market and Technology teams to manage service-related support, training, feedback and inquiries from customers, troubleshooting and delivering continual services improvements and upgrades to research and information alert services and tools, including workflow tools, reporting dashboards and use of ServiceNow for research and information alert services.
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one) or other relevant degree with substantial experience in law firms.
- Experience of a complex service delivery environment involving liaison with diverse and multiple stakeholders. Experience of service and process design and improvement is highly desirable.
- Proven people management skills, including of virtual teams, ideally with service delivery teams.
- Good understanding of Knowledge strategy and driving implementation of knowledge services and best practice in a professional services environment.
- Proven ability to effect behavioural change across an organisation and drive adoption of new services and business processes.
- Experience of managing customer feedback and appreciation of excellent customer experience.
- Substantial experience of research and information alerts.
- Comfortable working within a large and complex, matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups as well as managing virtual teams.
- Ability to understand complex, matrixed and varied business areas and their priorities.
- Strong project management skills to enable the management of day to day responsibilities as well as specific projects, coupled with the ability to leverage available resources.
- Strong technical skills, ideally including experience of Knowledge Management solutions such as content management and enterprise search to support effective knowledge sharing. Keen interest in technology-driven innovation in the legal industry.
- Ability to work well with others and to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders quickly. Experience of facilitating stakeholder groups.
- An outstanding communicator who can deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people at all levels of the organisation. Credible and persuasive.
- Able to make effective, accurate decisions and judgment calls, including when to escalate issues, and to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Willing to be flexible with working hours given the global nature of the business and the fact that many customers and teams will be in different time zones.