The Senior Manager, Knowledge Centres and Services will assist with developing and be responsible for implementation of an aligned strategy for Knowledge services and the Knowledge teams in the Centres. Overall owner and business lead for all the Knowledge services. The role-holder will also have overall leadership of all the Knowledge Center teams.
- Assist the Director of Knowledge Operations with developing an aligned strategy for the Knowledge services and Knowledge teams in the Centres and be responsible for its implementation, ensuring it supports the Knowledge strategy of the Firm and underpins and furthers the business practices, industries and region's needs.
- Work with the Director of Knowledge Operations ensure clear and appropriate communications regarding Knowledge services.
- Advise the Knowledge Directors, business leaders and key stakeholders on Knowledge service and centre team issues and strategy as required and work with them to prioritize projects and requests.
- Proactively monitor adoption of the services and feedback on them, ensuring good adoption and engagement of the services by Lawyers and business professionals.
- Lead, manage and develop the Knowledge Service Owners, creating a high performing, agile and responsive team and support them in the delivery and performance of their duties.
- Work with the Knowledge Service Owners, proactively monitor the Knowledge Centre teams' performance and development, addressing and supporting as needed.
- Through working with the Knowledge Directors, understand the needs of the business and the Firm's clients ensuring the Knowledge services continue to add value and meet the requirements of the business on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Knowledge Service Owners and when relevant the Knowledge Operations Specialists to:
o Ensure a one team and service approach across the Centres and between the Knowledge services and services of other functions.
o Ensure the services deliver value, quality, efficiencies and reduce risks.
o Ensure up-to-date best practice, guidance, manuals and training and induction materials in respect of all the services exist and are readily available.
o Ensure a seamless and consistent approach to high quality technical output, customer service and operational management of the services.
o Oversee all service design and improvement projects and support and participate in appropriate other global Knowledge projects.
o Contribute substantively to the Knowledge services as required.
- As a senior manager in a Centre support other line management needs of the Knowledge teams as required.
- Ensure the right enablers are in place to support the services, including technological support and its ongoing development and improvement.
- Maintain and continually develop subject matter expertise across the services with high levels of practical customer engagement (incl. voice of the customer) and customer service delivery, be actively aware of developments internally and within the market on Knowledge services, new practices and approaches, actioning any relevant implications and maintaining an active network in and outside the Function
- Understand and document the complex and evolving business requirements for services of attorneys and Knowledge and other business professionals across the Baker McKenzie network.
- Be known in the Firm as the business lead and go to person for the resolution of issues and business solutions for Knowledge services, including services teams, processes and solutions.
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one) or other relevant degree with substantial experience in law firms.
- Experience of a complex service delivery environment involving liaison with diverse and multiple stakeholders. Experience of service and process design and improvement is highly desirable.
- Proven people leadership and management skills, including of virtual teams, ideally with service delivery teams
- Excellent understanding of Knowledge strategy and driving implementation of knowledge services and best practice in a professional services environment.
- Proven ability to effect behavioural change across an organisation and drive adoption of new services and business processes.
- Experience of managing customer feedback and appreciation of excellent customer experience.
- Substantial experience of development of legal content.
- Comfortable working within a large and complex, matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups as well as managing virtual teams.
- Ability to understand complex, matrixed and varied business areas and their priorities.
- Strong project management skills to enable the management of day to day responsibilities as well as specific projects, coupled with the ability to leverage available resources.
- Strong technical skills, ideally including experience of Knowledge Management solutions such as content management and enterprise search to support effective knowledge sharing. Keen interest in technology-driven innovation in the legal industry.
- Ability to work well with others and to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders quickly. Experience of facilitating stakeholder groups.
- An outstanding communicator who can deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people at all levels of the organisation. Credible and persuasive.
- Able to make effective, accurate decisions and judgment calls, including when to escalate issues, and to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Willing to be flexible with working hours given the global nature of the business and the fact that many customers and teams will be in different time zones.