The Senior Client Executive, Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry will support senior members of the Global Client Team (Client Managers, Senior Client Managers and/or Associate Directors) with relationship management and business development initiatives focused on growing our relationships with our largest Industry Key Clients (IKCs). Also, support a portfolio of IKCs in the Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) sector, and support the HLS IKC Lead in furthering the realignment of the HLS portfolio.
The role will involve direct contact with lawyers and clients, enabling the individual to directly play a part in driving the Firm's client relationship management strategy. It will also involve working collaboratively on opportunities with global, regional and local BD colleagues to develop our largest client relationships.
This role is the first step to becoming an Assistant Client Manager / Client Manager, and managing your ow n IKCs.
- Work with a team of client managers to proactively support day-to-day efforts to build the Firm's relationship with a portfolio of our IKCs, requiring a knowledge of each client, our relationship, and the service and growth objectives of the team.
- Contribute to the development of the client plan, and proactively tracking progress and associated relationship mapping.
- Develop and successfully execute project plans for the delivery of key client deliverables i.e. relationship reports.
- Coordinate and attend client meetings, client conferences, and internal client team meetings including managing agendas and materials and assisting with follow up actions.
- Coordinate with the Global Pursuits Team in the preparation of tailored RFPs, pitches and cap stats, and provide necessary client specific guidance and input into local office and practice-specific pitches.
- Assist in managing internal clients communications, including proactively identifying topics for and drafting blog postings.
- Develop key client reports – both internal and external including financial data, as well as providing additional relationship commentary.
- Create and/or proactively update key internal client team deliverables, such as client org charts/relationship maps; deal lists etc.
- Act as a key point of contact for internal queries.
- Lead or support ad hoc client projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Good relevant work experience in marketing and/or business development in a professional services environment.
- Understanding of the basics of client relationship management.
- Confidence in contributing to business development discussions with timekeepers.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach when working with different personalities.
- Strong research & analysis capabilities allied to excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project coordination and time management skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and a self-starter.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels, including senior stakeholders.
- Able to present ideas and views clearly and with confidence.
- Strong sense of commerciality and client-led approach.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Very high level of attention to detail.
- Strong Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point skills.
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule to overlap with US working hours.