The Reporting Specialist will be responsible for independently managing small and large-scale reporting projects, with particular focus on using Business Objects Web Intelligence reporting capabilities, developing user-facing reports aimed at improving and streamlining business processes.
The analyst will contribute to designing reports and analysing data to meet business needs; conduct full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design; organize unstructured data and continually improve reporting capabilities.
The analyst will leverage appropriate business intelligence platforms to deliver standard yet flexible options to internal and external customers in an efficient manner.
- Understand stakeholder requirements to design and build standard reports and dashboards using multiple sources of data for various business processes and provide analytical insights to stakeholders, where appropriate
- Provide recommendations to leadership and key business stakeholders based on report development requirements.
- Use a high degree of autonomy to work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review trends of bad data to identify problems with data capture, design and architecture.
- Create and maintain documentation around data handling activities and customer reporting processes.
- Leverage technical skills and background to automate processes where possible and develop bespoke solutions (e.g. macros, scripts, etc.) to solve business problems as they arise.
- Continually seek new and innovative ways to provide value-added financial and non-financial data to senior leadership and colleagues around the Firm.
- Provide data to assist with various Firm initiatives and processes, including FP&A activities, partner compensation, profitability, diversity and inclusion, and other areas of high priority.
- Responsible for developing and executing training for end-users, including lawyers, in-market business partners, and functional teams.
- Help design the global reporting taxonomy and ensure that it is clearly communicated along with close governance around its application.
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree focusing on Financial Management, Accounting, Data Analytics, Statistics or other related areas.
- Relevant experience in financial reporting or professional services
- Extensive hands-on experience in using SAP Business Objects Enterprise Tools is essential (Web Intelligence front-end development, BEx or HANA experience)
- Hands-on experience with native SAP reporting capabilities
- Hands-on experience in using any of the following systems would be advantageous: ServiceNow, Tableau, PowerBI, Intapp; other analytics/visualization tools
- Expert-level skills in Excel. Experience in VBA or Data Models would be advantageous (e.g. Power Query, PowerPivot)
- Good organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player with the ability to collaborate with others
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated approach