The Proposal Business Support will be part of a global team that operates 24/5, occasionally on weekends and public holidays, to deliver seamless proposal support to Baker McKenzie offices worldwide. He/she will play an integral role in winning choice mandates for the Firm by helping respond efficiently and insightfully to client RFP requests and manage the upkeep of pitching tools and resources.
The person in this role is principally responsible in these key areas of bids management and proposal support: (1) Pitch material and RFP document production; (2) analysis and reporting; (3) resources maintenance.
1. Pitch Material and RFP response
- Timely acknowledgement and response to support requests via intake tool.
- Assessment and confirmation of scope of work with requesting office or group (also referred to as "internal client").
- Development of proposal document using Firm prescribed templates and best practices.
- Supplementary information gathering from other parties within the Firm, as needed.
- Revision of proposal document, following feedback and additional information or instructions.
- On time delivery of proposal document — meeting internal and client deadline and requirements.
- Writing, editing and formatting pitch content including pricing and fee arrangements i.e. Response for Proposal, Request for Information, Placemat, CV, etc.
- Job closing on intake system and filing on intake tool, automated proposals tool, pitch trackers, and launch of client satisfaction survey (NPS) to internal clients.
2. Reporting and analysis
- Uploading of RFP opportunities and responses on automated proposals tool, central pitch and panel trackers, following Firm protocols.
- Monitoring and following up on the outcome of bid proposals with the requesting office or group and updating the central pitch or panel tracker accordingly.
- Regular generation of pitch activity reports and analyses for functional leaders and internal clients.
- Regular reporting on pitch analytics to functional leaders.
3. Resources and tools management
- Ownership and upkeep of projects in the proposals tool that is responsive to internal and external client needs.
- Review and standardization of content and templates prior to uploading on the proposals tool and relevant trackers, including coordination with relevant content owners.
- Regular audit and updating of materials for accuracy and relevance, including but not limited to office and practice profiles.
- Experience lists.
- Partner and lawyer CVs.
- Standard Firm information.
- Branded templates.
- Proactive recommendation of improvements and enhancements to the tool, and the team's products, services and processes.
4. Project management, stakeholder management and customer coordination
- Coordinate with all individuals and teams involved in ongoing pitches i.e. BD professionals, pitch leads, lawyers and other fulfiller groups to align and ensure that expectations, timelines and goals are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, writing, communications, or related degree.
- Preferred experience in proposal writing, business development, sales, communications or marketing.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with a track record in project initiation, planning, execution, tracking and control, follow up.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with peers and clients.
- Customer service mindset that leads to the formulation and delivery of client driven solutions.
- Strong understanding of professional services marketing and business development practices and tools is an advantage.
- Proficiency in
- Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Photoshop is good to have.
- Using web-based and library resources for BD intelligence gathering.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required.
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required. Ability to work with the time zones necessary for a global team (i.e. adjusted schedules) including weekend and public holiday coverage if necessary.