To assist the Firm in managing the matter records in line with the intake rules and procedures, ensuring completeness and quality of the data essential to raising a bill.
To be primarily involved in ensuring that matters (new and ongoing assignments) are set-up with the appropriate information in the relevant systems (Intapp and SAP). The candidate will become familiar with the law firm environment, our clients, and client matter intake rules and processes, particularly billing requirements and client specifications.
• Review and analyze engagement letters / assignment letters and be able to:
o Determine the relevant legal practice area and specific scope of work.
o Understand and provide a concise description of the particular client matter.
o Identify the applicable type of client fee arrangement.
o Ensure timely, accurate, and complete capture of the above and other needed client data in Intapp.
• Understand the impact of the data captured in Intapp on the billing process and ensure that data captured in Intapp will correctly flow into the billing process.
• Review requests for client/matter update and determine when updates are necessary.
• Perform valid requests for client/matter update in Intapp accurately and in a timely manner.
• Work in collaboration with the billing team in ensuring that invoices sent to clients are accurate.
• Provision of all aspects of support to the Firm, its Partners and offices with regard to all tasks encompassing matter management.
• Provide support and assistance regarding technical know-how, training and important team projects and initiatives, when required.
• Engage and collaborate with team members through Lean Six Sigma initiatives, presentation of ideas, and recommendations regarding best practice, continuous improvement, departmental processes, policies and procedures.
• Experience in billing or financial analysis, preferable, however not required.
• Experience in handling client matter intake for a professional services firm, a significant advantage.
• Sound understanding of law firm structure and environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)Passion for learning new tools and systems (e.g. Intapp, SAP) and data management is necessary
• Business proficiency in written and oral English.
• Solid communication skills (verbal and written).
• Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
• Effective time management ability and prioritization essential to meet deadlines.
• Ability to make effective, accurate decisions and judgment calls.
• Ability to produce quality results under significant time constraints.
• Exceptional ability to work and produce results within a group as well as individually.
• Positivity and the adoption of a solution-based approach in all aspects of work.
• Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required.