The Matter Management Analyst will be primarily involved in ensuring that matters (new and ongoing assignments) are set up with the appropriate information in the relevant systems (Intapp and SAP Fiori); become familiar with the law firm environment, clients and client matter intake rules and processes, in particular billing requirements and client specifications.
- Review and analyse engagement letters and assignment letters.
- Coordinate the matter management information related to financial terms (e.g., Billing and reporting) with the relevant internal teams and client contacts.
- Review requests from Client/Matter update and determine when updates are necessary.
- Perform valid requests for Client/Matter update in Intapp accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interact and coordinate with other teams as needed, including Billing, Ancillary Billing Support anddownstream activities related to finance operations.
- Manage client and Partner expectations with respect to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as defined by the Global Process Owners and work within already established and agreed parameters.
- Work with colleagues to develop new best practices and identify new efficiencies in accordance with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree of any business related courses.
- Some billing experience, preferably within a professional services environment would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to confidently influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances.
- Experience in handling client matter intake for a professional services firm.
- Profound understanding of law firm structure and environment.
- Working proficiency in using MS Office and other productivity tools.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly with positive energy, forward thinking, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels throughout an international firm.