The Enterprise Data Quality Architect will Coordinate, consolidate, and oversee the mitigation of all data quality issues in the organization.
- Design, Create, Structure, and Lead the Enterprise Data Quality Function
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm's data sources, data maintenance processes, and data models.
- Consolidate all data quality operations under a single umbrella and service line.
- Field data quality certification and improvement requests from stakeholders
- Develop symbiotic relationships with the Firm's data custodians and process owners
- Define Enterprise Data Quality Standards and Guidelines
- Create standard Data Quality checklists that can be used to measure data quality gaps and configure data quality measurement tools/technologies
- Recruit, train, lead, and support Data Quality engineers and champions to help identify, quantify, and report on data quality issues
- Train, lead, and support a group of Data Guardians to help data custodians mitigate data quality issues at scale using manual processes and tools.
- Architect, Design, and Maintain Data Quality Dashboards
- Create a set of data quality certification standards and implement a process to certify various data sets and maintain/improve certification levels
- Help describe data quality issues in business terms
- Coordinate with data custodians and process owners to fix data quality issues
- Report to stakeholders the status and progress related to data quality and mitigation of issues
- Ensure common understanding and maintenance of Business Rules surrounding the firm's data.
- Guide projects and initiatives to interpret and develop business rules and alignment and assurance of data quality targets
- Evangelize, promote and market to improve utilization of Data Quality Services developed as part of the function.
- Provide input into developing overall management and governance standards and policies to ensure the accuracy, protection, and quality of data and to promote a data quality discipline throughout the Firm
Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in data architecture, data modelling, data warehousing, and database design. Some experience in a leadership role
- Degree in Computer Science (a degree in Statistics or Mathematics would be highly regarded)
- Significant knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data mining, and ETL tools. Experience in Cloud technologies like Azure, Microsoft Fabric, and Graph is a plus. Knowledge of programming languages and creating solutions using Python and/or Power Apps is a plus. Knowledge of open-source or proprietary data quality frameworks and products is a plus.
- Experience in developing complete data models in a manner that is understandable to a non-technical audience
- Broad and deep understanding of the Firm, how we operate, how we interact with our clients, and our internal business processes
Communication and management skills:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in supervising and mentoring a team of architects and engineers
- Capable of working independently and in a geographically and culturally diverse team
- A critical, analytical, exception-finding, hacker mindset
- Process-oriented, structured, operation-building focus