The Content Supervisor will supervise the delivery of Knowledge content services, supporting the Practice and Industry Groups, catering to both internal and external clients.
To work as part of the Content team, supervising and leading the Content Development and Management teams in delivering know ledge projects and initiatives, focusing on a variety of tasks as directed by the leadership and authorized staff of the Service Centre and Knowledge Specialist function, and ensuring quality and consistency. Provide the Content Management and Development services as directed and defined by the Service Owners for Knowledge Content Development and Content Management services. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in terms of knowledge solutions and applications used and actively participate in Knowledge projects, supporting the Content Development Lawyers and Knowledge Lawyers to identify new content development initiatives.
Main responsibilities typically may include:
Profiling, content management, upload and redaction
- Lead and supervise the upload of content, support profiling and maintenance of content for InsightPlus (client alert platform), Harmony (precedents and know how system), Resource Hub (digital multi jurisdictional handbooks and guidebooks), BakerWorld (Firm's intranet) and other relevant platforms including:
- Uploading and updating content to Knowledge systems, repositories and applications.
- Supporting content development teams as necessary including profiling and audit of for example Harmony libraries and their content.
- Assisting with the migration and the ongoing maintenance of content within the Firm's legal know how system, client alert platform, intranet and other relevant knowledge platforms, systems and tools.
- Archiving of out of date content across all Know ledge Systems.
- Assist with the management, development and population of content for specific client products and new client applications.
- Where appropriate or necessary, support the Content Development team by removing client identifiers and undertaking basic redaction exercises.
- Support Content Development Lawyers and Know ledge Lawyers by:
- Updating existing precedents and developing new precedents, house style, proofing and coversheets.
- Monitoring and reporting on legal developments in PG/IG specialisms, and create first drafts of legal updates for internal or external use.
- Identifying training needs. Develop content by leveraging firm resources and processes to produce training materials with the preparation of training for fee-earners and clients, including preparing high quality training materials.
Know how and content collection, content development and uploading
- Support Content Development Lawyers and Knowledge Lawyers in collecting and inputting PG know how into the Firm's global repository of knowledge.
- Assist with compilation of global, multijurisdictional databases and resources.
- Use technical skills and PG specialism to assist with the creation, collection and review /editing and upload of multijurisdictional practice group related content, in accordance with best practice and policy for:
- Various PG/IG platforms, tools and systems.
- Maintaining and uploading PG/IG specific client products .
Quality and process
- Ensure quality of Knowledge output and deliverables through regular reviews, creating and updating quality checklists for processes based on the standards/guidelines.
- Apply project management principles and approach to ensure delivery of complex Knowledge deliverables and major initiatives.
- Follow all Content service best practice, policies and processes, contribute to their update and ensure a very high level of quality of work and service at all times ensuring SLAs, turnaround times and KPIs are met at all times.
- Focus on maintaining confidence in quality of services by ensuring accuracy, consistency and brevity, taking a holistic overall approach to tasks, engage with each document/task and understand the context of the overall objective rather than a mechanical process.
- Function as initial escalation contacts for any complaints received, ensuring remedial action(s) are taken and investigating root causes to avoid repetition.
- Ensure ongoing development of relevant skills, 'specialisms' and an understanding of relevant systems and tools.
Work and Service Orientation
- Lead any Content Development Analysts/ Content Management Analysts (direct reports) to complete their designation tasks in compliance with the firm's quality standards including:
- Helping distribute workload and setting priorities to ensure quality while maximising productivity and available resources.
- Providing guidance and training on Knowledge services, output, systems and all aspects of day to day operations, best practice and quality controls.
- Managing the performance of direct reports against the Firm's service and quality standards, as well as coaching on areas for improvement as needed.
- Contribute to development of strategy to ensure high team morale and team building.
- Administer holiday, sick leave and other time off requests of dedicated teams, inclusive of internal approvals record keeping and data entry.
- Contribute to performance evaluations with relevant senior departmental and management personnel.
- Assist the Service Owners for Knowledge Content services in executing and further improving the Knowledge Content services.
- Law graduate or other related degree.
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
- Extremely strong attention to detail - gets it right first time.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools.
- Very high work standards.
- Excellent writing, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
- Keen to develop and use initiative.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.