The Billing Analyst will provide billing services to the offices of Baker McKenzie.
- Prepare invoices in accordance with Firm billing policies, guidelines and standard processes.
- Prepare draft invoices, review and revise narratives in accordance with Firm standards, execute time/cost transfers and other value adjustments; finalize invoices and ensure that invoices are delivered for payment (via e-mail, post or e-billing as applicable); execute all billing tasks in accordance with established standard processes.
- Identify and resolve technical issues consulting with others as appropriate and escalating issues to management on a timely basis.
- Maintain and update client billing information, instructions and requirements necessary in processing invoices.
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple sources of information, exercising good analytical skills as well as evaluate judgment based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicatedand/or novel situations.
- With limited supervision, work independently to complete assigned tasks and work responsibilities in order to meet agreed objectives; consider the impact of recommendations when making decisions or resolving problems.
- Exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity.
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses.
- Prior experience in a billing role.
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred but not required).
- Have confidence to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required.