The Applications Engineer, Finance Solutions will be responsible for the support, management and enhancement of a portfolio of application products that support the daily operations focusing on maximising the value of the portfolio, and achieving the right balance and mix of products.
- Provide technical and functional support to the business, acting as an escalation point to resolve urgent and/or complex issues for all applications in the Finance portfolio.
- Take ownership for incidents or problems assigned and see these through to completion on a timely basis.
- Monitor performance of Finance applications, ensuring continuous improvement, responsiveness,
accountability, and seamless effective service for the business through analysis of the incidents;
understand patterns with the aim of improving the product, delivery methodology and overall organization.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with analysis of Finance applications/solutions and project related tasks.
- Assist with the development of standardisation and rationalisation plans and ensuring the Finance products meet the changing needs of the business through the lifecycle of the product.
- Assist with the proactive maintenance of current Finance systems by planning and adopting upgrades in a timely manner, and determine the impact on existing operations by consulting with other IT teams.
- In alignment with Firm priorities, participate in projects for enhancements and changes necessary to meet changing business requirements for Finance products.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of all relevant Finance systems, CI, CMDB and 1st/2nd line documentation; assist in providing the relevant training to Service Desk and On-site Teams.
- Maintain and improve professional and technical knowledge and keep abreast of innovation and changes relevant to the portfolio.
- Maintain existing relationships with technology vendors within the Finance Solutions portfolio.
- Contribute to team effort through communication, cooperation and coordination with other IT teams including:
- Packaging teams on application deployment.
- Security team to certify the solutions/products meet our security requirements.
- Technical Change Team for submissions of RFC's via the ITSM processProgram Management Office (PMO) team for projects related to Finance Solutions.
- Understand how the business use the Finance applications in the portfolio, monitoring licensing numbers and ensure they are being used efficiently.
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of effective system governance, compliance, and business continuity procedures for managed products in accordance with ISMS Policies.
- Financial knowledge.
- Strong experience in IT support.
- Reasonable awareness of and interest in ICT trends relevant for the application portfolio.
- Exposure to troubleshooting client server, web based technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of server technology: Microsoft Windows Server, MS SQL., IIS, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint.
- Experience in application upgrades and support pack application.
- Knowledge of and experience in Finance is considered a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills - demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in business language, in both oral and written formats (English).
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships and open two way communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a cohesive member of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to learn new skills in a short period of time.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to understand the importance of team work both within the team and the wider IT team.
- Ability to translate functional issues and questions into application solutions.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish.