The Record-to-Report (R2R) Accounting Supervisor will oversee day-to-day operations of the accounting team and be substantially involved in all aspects of accounting operations, including staffing, training, professional development, client communications and work allocation.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate execution of the financial close activities in accordance with the closing schedules and the established guidelines.
- Responsible for the Center's accounting team's compliance with the Firm's standard processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring an accurate delivery of the Record to Report Catalogue services within the agreed upon service level agreements.
- Provide input on achieving efficiencies within the accounting processes.
- Exercise strong analytical skills and sound professional judgment in complex situations.
- Responsible for providing guidance and support to direct reports to effectively perform their duties and responsibilities, including identifying employee development opportunities.
- Responsible for direct report's performance discussions and evaluation.
- Train and motivate team members to achieve optimal results.
- Promote innovation across the team seeking opportunities to improve the accounting service.
- Responsible for facilitating support for the internal and external financial audit queries.
- Ensure training materials and manuals are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or other Business discipline
- CPA or equivalent certification is a plus
- Strong experience in a relevant field (professional services firm and/or shared service center is preferred) with experience in a supervisory role
- Strong analytical skills
- Focus on client service
- Solid understanding of GAAP, IFRS and general accounting principles is preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to perform all role responsibilities in fluent written and spoken English and Spanish is a prerequisite