The IP, TCC, Media Group is a broad based practice group built around IP expertise, industry knowledge in the technology and communications sector, and experience in regulatory and content issues for converging media.
Members of the Group have a wide range of skills including litigation, commercial, transactional and regulatory work plus more specialised skills in areas such as trade mark registration, distribution and agency arrangements, franchising and privacy. Areas of expertise include brand strategy, IP litigation, digital copyright, government procurement, defence contracting, pharma, defamation and telco infrastructure.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Associate / Special Counsel with 8+ years PQE servicing the Media team's clients and also assisting the Firm's clients requiring advice in this area, domestically and internationally.
Skills and Experience Required
- You will have at least 8 years experience in complex litigation matters in the media space, preferably working within a commercial legal environment
- Knowledge and experience in copyright, defamation and media regulation are essential
- Experience managing teams and a high level of decision making ability
- You will be a team player with the ability to act independently with minimal supervision when necessary
- In addition, you will have excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously to be able to prioritise and manage the expectations of clients and work providers accordingly
- Strong academic background
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- A willingness to integrate into the national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions
- A strong desire to build a successful practice and enhance your reputation as a lead practitioner
- An established ability to develop strong and effective relationships with clients
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivaled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Suzan Wilkinson, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5505.