Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Information Product Management Supervisor (Service Center) will assist with the effective procurement and management of all Information and Research (I&R) products, in alignment with the global and regional I&R strategies and the global Procurement strategy and guidelines; assist with developing and implementing global I&R procurement and supplier/contract management guidelines; co-ordinate with Regional I&R Leads and Managers to monitor and manage regional product usage and requests for new services; manage and develop Service Center Information Product Management staff.
- Build and nurture strong, strategic relationships with Knowledge partners, Procurement, the Director of Information and Research, Regional I&R Leads and Country Managers, the Information Product Management (IPM) Lead and Regional IPM Managers, and with external suppliers for office, regional and global information resources and products
- Together with the Regional IPM Lead and Regional Managers, Regional I&R Leads and Country Managers, be responsible for managing and reviewing global and regional supplier contracts in accordance with global IPM and Procurement policies, guidelines and budget parameters
- Cultivate responsive, positive and productive relationships, delivering value through effective communication with stakeholders and key relationships, and promote the I&R brand and services, and IPM policies and guidelines, across the Region
Knowledge and Expertise
- Understand and articulate the suite of I&R resources and products offered by the Firm (globally, regionally and locally), promoting their role, features and functionality to other members of the I&R team, lawyers and BDMC staff
- Assist with managing the procurement of global and regional information products and resources, and help to implement best practice standards for the procurement of local products and resources, in alignment with Procurement, IPM and Collection Development policies and in consultation with the Regional I&R Leads and Country Managers. Effectively assist with managing relationships with vendors at a regional level as directed
- Instigate and encourage others in, and model, ongoing learning and professional accountability that cultivates communication and collaboration, fostering immediate and long-term goals
- Oversee and support the delivery of information resources and product training plans, including tailoring training to educate specific groups and meet specific needs
- Assist with implementing and applying global and regional guidelines for new product requests, including business cases, trials and product assessments and feedback, and cancellations and rationalisations
- Provide input into global and regional I&R subscription budgets, with a view to achieving best outcomes between budget parameters and appropriate product mix
- Oversee the promotion of I&R products within the context of industry thinking, demonstrating mastery and ongoing development of technical and professional knowledge relevant to the business and complex issues
- Effective leadership and functional management of regional Information Product Management staff. Engages in coaching, mentoring and support of regional Information Product Management staff, to assist in achieving strategic goals
- Act as internal champion for Knowledge, I&R and information and research systems, and research products, ensuring all I&R staff and lawyers engage with them effectively
- Assist with planning, scheduling, prioritising and delivering all routine and non-routine work and the effective management of regional Information Product Management time and resources
- Support, promote and participate in developing and implementing strategic plans, reflecting Firm's goals. Align Information Product team goals with global I&R goals, PG goals, managing resources, and evaluating use
- Strong communication skills, and highly credible presentation skills
- Comprehension and strategic understanding of a diverse set of knowledge and information resources
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree (library, information management, legal information product procurement, etc)
- Significant relevant experience with library and information and research products in professional services environment; procurement experience highly desirable
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, build strong relationship virtually, communicate effectively, comfortable working in large, complex environment, highly credible and persuasive
- Excellent people management and organizational skills; ability to prioritise and manage people's time to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Proactive and motivated approach
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.