Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Information Product Management Assistant (Service Center) will support the Information Product Management (IPM) team and assist with product, contract and supplier management; provide manual and operational assistance for the global IPM team as required (eg invoice management, access and licencing enquiries, supplier contract management and enquiries, etc); and provide other support and assistance as directed by the IPM Specialists or Supervisor.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with Legal and Business Research teams and managers, and other IPM teams and managers, and with In-Market Research Librarians
- Demonstrate value through effective communication with stakeholders and key relationships
Knowledge and Expertise
- Understand and promote the role, services and functionality of the Firm's Information Product Management teams
- Assist with the management of, and enquiries about, the Firm's information and research products, within the guidelines set by the Information Product Management team (eg access and licensing enquiries, renewals, processing invoices, trials, location, usage data, etc)
- Assist with certain supplier, invoicing and contract management tasks, and interactions with the Procurement team, at the direction of the Information Product Management Team Leader (eg sending contracts to contract database, searching contracts and users, budget monitoring and tracking, etc)
- Ensure timely response to enquiries from In-Market Research Librarians or other Professional & Business Services (PBS) staff about information and research products and suppliers
- Demonstrate ongoing learning and professional accountability that cultivates communication and collaboration, fostering immediate and long-term goals
- Apply industry thinking, expertise, initiative and experience when responding to information and research enquiries
- Collaborative, supportive, team player working with the other IPM staff, In-Market Research Librarians and the wider Information, Research and Knowledge communities
- Support and participate in the adoption and use of Knowledge and I&R systems
- Participate in projects as requested
- Be aware of and participate in Firm's and Knowledge group's goals
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Good relevant experience of Knowledge, Library, and information and research products in a professional services environment
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, build strong relationship virtually, communicate effectively, comfortable working in large, complex environment, highly credible and persuasive
- Strong personal management skills; ability to prioritise own time to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deliver responses to enquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills, and highly credible presentation skills
- Comprehension of a diverse set of knowledge and information resources, and processes
- Proactive and motivated approach
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.