Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office is part of a global law firm, which offers a wide range of expertise and legal solutions customized to our international clients' needs. We advise clients on market-leading transactions in key industries, including banking, insurance, financial services and asset management.
Baker McKenzie Luxembourg is seeking an Associate (4-6 years experience) to participate in the development of our Financial Services / Regulatory Banking and Insurance practice.
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of 4 to 6 years in the Regulatory department of a recognized law firm, Luxembourg Bank or a reputated firm, including dealing with regulatory issues, such as bank and PSF licensing, bank secrecy provisions, consumer credit regulations, contractual terms of business and money laundering;
- Knowledge of financial institutions regulations including MIFID, PRIPS, Solvency II;
- Knowledge of Insurance law and regulation, notably on cross-border business of insurers and insurance intermediaries, contractual matters and regulatory matters, in drafting investment management and intermediation agreements, run-off operations and outsourcing.
- Ability to provide expert guidance in areas as establishments, product development and ongoing business operations;
- Candidate with strong technical skills needed to support the client work of the department;
- Ability to be a team player and participate actively in the development of the Banking & Finance department;
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture;
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity;
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach;
- Human qualities, open-minded and dynamic.
- Admitted to List I, List II, or if not to the List IV or in-house lawyer;
- LL.M and/or MAS and/or J.D. degree;
- Fluent in English and German;
- Outstanding academic credentials.
Candidates may submit their application by email containing a letter of introduction and a resume to this email.