We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Associate / Special Counsel with 8 years + PQE located in our Melbourne office. You will advise on a range of areas relating to financial services, financial products, funds, superannuation, anti-money laundering, financial markets, payment systems and related regulatory issues.
Skills and Experience Required
- relevant and current work experience, with particular reference to financial services, financial products, funds, financial markets and related regulatory regimes;
- an established ability to develop strong and effective relationships with clients and to take responsibility for these relationships;
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice;
- a strong desire to build on an already successful practice and enhance your reputation as a lead practitioner;
- a willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences; and
- a strong academic background.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Mitch Barreca, Senior Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5575 or email@example.com.