Our Trade & Commerce department is seeking a Mid-Level Associate to join their team with immediate effect.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer admitted to the Spanish Bar with a minimum of 3 years experience in a reputable, top tier firm comparable to Baker McKenzie. They will also be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with admission to the Spanish Bar, with excellent academic credentials and relevant Trade & Commerce experience in a reputable, top tier firm
- Experience in business restructuring issues (e.g. Mergers & Acquisitions, Divisions, Corporate Law) and Commercial Contracting
- First rate technical skills needed to support the client work of the department
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills in Spanish and English
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- High level of English fluency required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.