Our multidisciplinary tax team is comprised of professionals drawn from legal, accounting, finance and economic backgrounds. We advise on a wide range of complex tax matters specialising in the areas of: Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing. We act for a diverse range of clients in the corporate and financial arena such as multinational corporates, financial institutions and private equity houses. We represent clients in a wide range of sectors, including technology, media, telecoms, energy, mining, oil and gas, chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Baker McKenzie has an established local and global reputation and expertise in transfer pricing, which is probably the single most important tax issue facing multinational business today.
We are currently looking to recruit an Associate with 2-3 years PQE to undertake the following responsibilities
- Financial research and support for the Transfer Pricing team
- Use of databases to search for comparables and other financial data to support transfer pricing analyses
- Analysis of financial and factual materials provided by client about their operations
- Complex excel financial modeling and valuation support
- Participation in interviews with client personnel
- To work directly with senior Transfer Pricing team members
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant and current work experience, with particular reference to transfer pricing
- Hold a Bachelor of Science or Economics combined law degree
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Willingness to learn
- High work standards
- Strong academic background
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- An established ability to develop strong and effective relationships with clients
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Mitch Barreca, Senior Talent Management Consultant on 02 8922 5575 or email.