Role Type: Contract (12 Months)
Baker McKenzie is modernizing its professional and business services functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to clients. The Program Management Office (PMO) Project Management Team will play a strategic role in the implementation of projects globally and be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all related strategic initiatives.
The PMO will partner with the Firm’s senior leaders and their respective teams to design, build, launch, and scale services throughout the Firm. The team will have an unwavering focus on unlocking the programme’s value and delivering timelines, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction.
As part of the integrated PMO team, the Senior BusinessTransformation Manager will guide the Knowledge function to design, build, launch and scale services to support a Firm-wide team of nearly 300 professionals, including Knowledge Lawyers, Information & Research professionals, and a variety of other functional specialists.
The Knowledge function helps the Firm deliver better legal solutions by producing and providing easy access to high quality, relevant legal information for both lawyers and clients.
- Manage global, multi-dimensional projects, including pre-defined solutions, continuing to shape them and partner with various stakeholders to pilot and implement these initiatives against programme timelines
- Liaise and build relationships with Functional Leadership, Partners, Executive Leadership and PBS teams
- Provide deep functional knowledge and demonstrated experience of global change programs
- Identify and allocate resources, both people and material, as necessary for successful implementation
- Manage Functional project teams and provide overall direction and coordination of the project management effort and associated activities for a service(s) within the Function
- Create and manage project deliverables and prevailing decisions. including: charters, scope definition, project plans, resource plans, project schedules, status reports, project dashboards, ensuring compliance against agreed project framework, methodologies and governance
- Provide proactive and effective stakeholder management, including organisational change, communications, training and organisational engagement; analyse and adapt key collateral for individual audiences
- Efficiently deliver projects of the highest quality and meet, exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Conduct risk and issue management, with a strong focus on the identification, analysis, response and escalation of key project risks; communicate risk effectively in order to protect project schedule
- Manage both the business sponsorship and technology team aspects of projects, working together with the Technology Function as / when required
- Ensure project quality and compliance through effective integration into the PMO and the adherence to established standards and methodology
- Collaborate for results and become a respected leader
- Focus on value-based outcomes both quantitatively and qualitatively
Must be able to support initiatives from any global location and to travel to meet implementation deliverables (up to 15% at crucial peak times).
About the candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in project management within a consultancy firm, professional services, legal, or IT industry
- Experience of Knowledge Management and /or a legal environment is highly desirable
- Consulting experience is preferred
- Technical experience is preferred with special interest in business transformation, and extensive experience of a wide range of diverse business projects
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an agile and iterative development process that includes accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders
- Affiliative, respectful, with strong presentation skills that influences with fact, reason and vision, be trustworthy, and dependable
- Leadership experience on projects regarding managing business sponsorship, budget, customer expectations, and project plans through execution
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents and comfortable mediating between stakeholder needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility
- Relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, has gravitas with senior leadership and is able to tailor and target communications appropriately
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Project Management Professional or PRINCE2 Practitioner certification preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow PPM, Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Office applications, project management processes, tools, and applications
- High level of attention to detail