To manage and take ownership of the People solutions products that support the daily operations of the various business units, focusing on maximising the value of the portfolio, and achieving the right balance and mix of products.
- Management of the product portfolio to ensure standardisation and rationalisation plans are developed and delivered and the products meet the changing needs of the business through the lifecycle of the product.
- Propose, document, and present solution design recommendations for the People program.
- Build strong partnerships using Business relationship management (BRM) skills with key internal stakeholders to understand and resolve issues related to People solutions and processes
- Work and manage relationships with technology vendors within the product portfolio.
- Understand the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all owned products and provide input to the Portfolio Manager on required budgets.
- Coordinates and/or provides support for products in the portfolio.
- Translation of business objectives for the technical design / architecture of the required solutions.
- Technical competency to configure solutions, workflows, processes, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of effective system governance, compliance, and business continuity procedures for managed products in accordance with ISMS Policies
- Technical leadership / coordination of all activities as they relate to projects / operational activities, including the clear and concise reporting of status on a regular basis.
- In alignment with Firm priorities, participates in projects for enhancements and changes necessary to meet changing business requirements for their managed products.
- Collaborate with the testing team to coordinate and perform application testing and troubleshooting, including participation in pilot implementations.
- Collaborate with the Security team to certify the solutions/products meet our security requirements
- Consult with the Change Management Team re new application requests in regard to major projects.
- Collaborate with the Release Management Team to ensure that any changes to applications transition to production successfully.
- Ensure timely planning for any submission of RFC's to the Technical Change Team via the ITSM process.
- Develop software product support plans and ensure relevant training is provided to Service Desk and On-site Teams.
- Collaborate with the Training team to develop user documentation as required
Ad hoc travel will be required
About The Team
The Firm's Technology function is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's global technology infrastructure, including architecture, hardware, software, computer networking, communications and data management. The function works closely with lawyers, clients and PBS functions to ensure our technology offering is best-in-class and forward-thinking, allowing the Firm to provide its clients with cutting-edge, innovative legal and business advice via up-to-date technology products and solutions.
The Solutions Team is responsible for the management and delivery of optimized software applications that meet the needs of the Business.
This role will report to the Portfolio Manager, People Solutions.
The key relationships with this role are with the following:
- People Team stakeholders
- Product Managers for the other Business Technology and Legal Technology functions
- Technical Services teams
- Third party vendors
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems or equivalent
- Strong hands-on working experience in the professional environment
- Experience in leading successful product implementations and ongoing enhancements.
- Experience working in a legal services environment preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong understanding of the relevant portfolio requirements and good level of knowledge of Anti Money Laundering processes
- Strong hands-on experience of SuccessFactors Core (Employee Central) and other modules
- Strong awareness of and interest in technology trends relevant for the relevant portfolio.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication abilities, with a track record of building trust and respect at all levels of an organisation.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self - reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas' Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.