To act as a central point of contact for the in planning and execution of marketing activities for the London office. To implement global marketing campaigns and initiatives in London. To support wider business development projects through related marketing deliverables.
- Act as a central point of contact for the marketing needs of the London office - from client materials to research and event planning - working closely with Specialist function teams and end-to-end services to ensure smooth execution and timely delivery
- Work closely with practice groups, BD colleagues and the events team in the development and evaluation of campaigns and key events ensuring efficient targeting, ROI analysis and ensure that all business opportunities are followed up on
- Work closely with the Global Marketing team in the roll out of the firm's thought leadership campaigns in London
- Implement social media activity (such as our social media advocacy tool) in conjunction with the Digital team
- Help create web/digital/video content, email campaigns, etc, working closely with the relevant expert function teams
- Work closely with comms colleagues to ensure marketing and communications efforts are aligned
About The Team
The Firm’s BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
This role will report directly to the In-Market BDMC Leader - London.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- In-Market BDMC team
- Specialist Marketing Strategy & Content team, Channel and Digital team and Comms team
- Colleagues across BDMC End-to-End functions in the Service Centers, such as Global Event Management, Creative Services, Proposal Production, Research and Communication
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Previous marketing experience, ideally gained in the professional services sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail with the ability to produce clear and compelling marketing content for the Firm
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proven organisation and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work to deadlines
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated approach
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2019 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2015-18
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Acritas recognized the Firm as the world’s strongest legal brand for the ninth year in a row.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- The Firm was honoured to be one of Stonewall's 2019 Top Global Employers and the top Global LGBT+ Network of the Year, as well as one of only 10 employers to feature in the 'Top Trans Employer' listing for a second consecutive year.
- Social Mobility Employer Index, 2019 - ranked 5th
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Gareth Newbery, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5743 or email@example.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.