We currently have a unique opportunity for an exceptional Paralegal to join a truly collaborative team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Candidates should demonstrate strong paralegal or legal project management experience from a professional services environment. We are looking for someone with good analytical and prioritisation skills, ideally with experience of working in an international commercial environment. Candidates who are willing to take real ownership of their career in legal services, manage busy workloads and competing demands from multiple stakeholders are encouraged to apply.
Please note that this role is a Paralegal position and is not an entry route to complete a training contract or professional qualification with Baker & McKenzie. The two recruitment processes are completely separate.
The London Corporate department provides comprehensive M&A, capital markets, projects, company law, board level compliance and corporate governance advice to a wide range of clients including PLCs, financial institutions and subsidiaries of major multinational corporates. It has a long standing reputation as the leading firm for advising issuers on deals seeing high quality emerging markets issuers raise capital on the global financial markets.
This role sits in a high performing team which advises clients in relation to negotiated carve out transactions, private equity deals, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure transactions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. The work is high profile with a truly international focus.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive. The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or via email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Mona Rangar (Interm Recruitment Manager) on 020 7919 5739 or via email.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
The Paralegal will be an integral part of the team managing multiple projects and will be responsible for:
- Legal project management support
- Preparing and managing work plans, step lists and timelines
- Assisting with fee tracking
- Communication with fee earners in other jurisdictions and globally as and when required
- Drafting legal documents
- Client communication and reporting
- Degree qualification or equivalent. Ideally LPC qualified
- Prior experience as a paralegal in an international working environment and evidence in turn of an international outlook would be beneficial working in professional services, ideally legal, is preferred. Experience in the corporate sector is not essential but would be highly regarded.
- High work standards
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business who are located in multiple countries
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Experience of working with legal project management platforms such as Microsoft Sharepoint, Intralinks or Merrils