Headed by Simon Porter, Baker McKenzie’s London Structured Capital Markets team covers securitisation, debt capital markets, corporate trust and derivatives.
The team has extensive experience in innovative structures and regularly advises corporates, leading financial institutions, investment banks, rating agencies and corporate trustees as well as originators, arrangers and sponsors of securitisation transactions on a wide range of UK and international securitisation and repackaging transactions, commercial paper conduits, derivative structures and other structured transactions, across a wide range of asset classes.
The team has developed one of the leading corporate trust practices and is looking to expand with the hire of an additional junior-mid level lawyer. The corporate trust practice regularly advises most of the leading corporate trustees on a mix of new transactions, amendments to existing transactions and default work. An increasing proportion of our practice involves high profile default work.
We are currently looking to recruit two junior-mid level Associate to focus on corporate trust work. The team also offers the opportunity to work on securitisation, debt capital markets and derivatives. Duties include:
- Advising clients on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on corporate trustee, securitisation, debt capital markets and derivatives. Associates work in a collegiate environment, for a range of partners, and can expect a good variety of work.
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility they are ready for, rather than a PQE based method of work allocation.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial.
- There are regular opportunities for secondments with clients. Posting to other offices under the firm's associate transfer programme is also a possibility.
Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or via email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or via email.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Posting date: 21 February 2018
Closing date: 23 March 2018Location: London
Salary: Between £75,000 and £120,000 depending on experience
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant and current work experience, with particular reference to securitisation, derivatives and corporate trust work
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Willingness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm