Working alongside the Project Controller for the PMO, responsible for the consolidation and documentation of critical project components associated with the implementation of a programme of work designed to integrate and coordinate the Firm’s professional and business services (PBS) functions. This will include monitoring of timelines, budgets, risks, issues and quality requirements and will involve the development of reporting frameworks for multiple stakeholders.
- Project oversight: Monitor existing projects to ensure timely execution and completion. Closely follow project development and track that each stage is completed appropriately and within time and budget
- Data Analysis: Analyse data and project information to identify improved ways to do business as well as new business opportunities. This information is provided to senior management to guide their decision-making
- Status Reporting: Work on the development of high quality status reports to be delivered to the head of division and senior management
The PMO Analyst must be able to support initiatives from any global location and to travel to meet implementation deliverables (up to 10-15% at crucial peak times).
The PMO has been set up and tasked with changing how the Firm's PBS teams work and provide services to our internal and external clients. The initiatives on which the PMO works will promote revenue growth and manage significant organisational change, helping drive the Firm forward in its ambitious goal of being the legal firm of choice and the employer of choice for its people.
art of this approach we are innovating, redesigning processes, re-envisaging the use of technology and adopting best in class principles. This covers the full range of services and represents a significant change process within the Firm.
The PMO Analyst will be based in London and reporting directly to the PMO Lead and is not a people manager role.
- PMO Lead
- PMO Project Controller
- PMO Colleagues, in particular Workstream Project Managers
- Global Director of Operations
- PBS Function Leaders
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Related field or equivalent work experience, preferably with Project Management exposure
- Minimum of 2 years project management experience as a member or team lead
- Working experience within a PMO would be advantageous
- Use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint systems to an advanced standard
- Deep knowledge of working with one or more Project Management software - MS Project, Clarizen, Clarity, HP PPM, etc.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in portfolio management and project delivery process methodologies and other associated methodologies, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of working with PMBOK or PRINCE2 or industry project management methodology
- Demonstrated successful track record of delivering effective and accurate reporting across project timelines
- Good time management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate discussions and drive them to conclusion within a global team
- Problem solving skills and active inquiry skills
- Ability to foster an environment which actively promotes teamwork and sharing of ideas and best practices
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Big 4, Management or IT consulting
- Critical thinking, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and synthesise large amount of information
These personal qualities represent the shared characertistics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standard
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.