We are looking for an experienced recruitment Assistant to join the Recruitment team based in the Human Resources & Development (HR&D) department. The role is a hybrid role covering elements of a PA role whilst also being heavily associated with recruitment administration.
In this role you will be working very closely with the Associate Director of Recruitment in London. The Associate Director of Recruitment is responsible for Lateral Partner hires and Senior level recruitment in the London office. Support will need to be provided across both of these areas. In addition to this 1:1 support, you will also provide support to the Recruitment Manager in respect of Lateral Partner hires and provide on-boarding assistance for all London experience hire new joiners.
The team has a high level of interaction with internal and external clients, so the role involves working with team members to deliver a professional and efficient recruitment service, with a strong focus on client delivery. This is a high demanding, fast paced role, so requires somebody who will remain calm in all situations, and provide the utmost assurance to the Associate Director of Recruitment that they are one step ahead at all times.
The successful candidate will be proactive in building relationships with firm wide PAs, the Reception team and other departments throughout the business, as well as headhunters and recruiters on a daily basis. These strong relationships will further assist the execution of this role to provide a flawless service.
You must be able to demonstrate administrative competencies to the highest level, be hardworking, organised, conscientious, flexible and have excellent attention to detail. In terms of experience, we are looking for someone who has legal sector or other professional services experience. HR and / or Recruitment experience is desired but not essential.
If you thrive when working under pressure, enjoy performing at the highest level and are highly organised, then this is the role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hardworking yet friendly, fun and supportive team. You will further develop your skills, receive full training and enjoy an interesting and high varied role.
In particular, the role will involve:
- To provide first-class PA support to the Associate Director of Recruitment, and administrative support to the Experienced Hire Recruitment team specifically relating to on-boarding.
- Extensive support including diary and inbox management on behalf of the Associate Director of Recruitment.
- Coordination and arrangement of lateral interviews, including Partner and Senior level candidate interviews, supporting both the Associate Director of Recruitment and the Recruitment Manager.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all new joiners (including meet and greet on their first day).
- Preparation of interviews which will be held via Video Conferencing, overseeing the process throughout to guarantee a smooth running of events.
- Ensuring that, with the support of the Manila based Coordinator, that all applications, CVs and interview updates are uploaded onto the online recruitment system.
- Working with other Coordinators both in London and Manila to find ways to streamline the London recruitment process further.
- Document work including the production of offer letters, typing up notes following interviews, as well as preparing interview packs for all attendees and ad-hoc presentations.
- Manage candidate on-boarding, including the on-boarding portal, sending day one joining instructions to new recruits and updating the Starters & Leavers' Report.
- Assistance with new joiner pre-joining queries, coordinating of payroll details and liaison with other Support departments to coordinate the new joiner process.
- Working with Learning & Development to ensure that all new joiners attend induction where applicable.
- Assistance with the production of reports and management information e.g. Management Committee updates, and ad hoc report.
- Liaising with recruitment agencies and managing the relationships with them.
- Providing administrative support for projects, events and similar.
- Assisting with the relocation of new joiners.
- Covering for and assisting other HR Coordinators as necessary.
- Booking rooms and updating the Recruitment calendar.
The London HR & Development (HR&D) department consists of the following teams:
- HR Business Partnering
- Employee Relations, Reward and Management Information & Reporting
- Inclusive & Diversity and CSR
- Learning & Development
- Recruitment (Experienced Hire & Graduate)
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or via email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or via email.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Previous professional services sector experience / background
- Credible with ability to build relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- High level organisational skills, able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Previous experience of extensive diary management
- Proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- 'Can-do' attitude, proactive, takes initiative and is efficient, flexible and takes ownership
- Consistently demonstrates Assistant competencies to the highest level in all areas
- Judgement and decision making ability
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm