We are currently looking to recruit a junior-mid level Associate into our Structured Capital Markets practice. The team offers the opportunity to work on securitisation, debt capital markets, corporate trust and derivatives. The team is growing, following the recent hire of Partner Michael Doran from White & Case. We are a relatively small team which ensures that associates are fully involved in all aspects of work and we encourage an active involvement in business development and client contact.
Headed by Simon Porter, Baker McKenzie’s London Structured Capital Markets team covers securitisation, debt capital markets, corporate trust and the team has extensive experience in innovative structures and regularly advises corporates, leading financial institutions, investment banks, rating agencies and corporate trustees as well as originators, arrangers and sponsors of securitisation transactions on a wide range of UK and international securitisation and repackaging transactions, commercial paper conduits, derivative structures and other structured transactions, across a wide range of asset classes.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016- ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer on 020 7072 5731 or Vanessa.Renforth@Bakermckenzie.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Relevant and current work experience, with particular reference to securitisation, derivatives and corporate trust work
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Willingness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm