Position Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
We are looking for a Legal Assistant who can demonstrate secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level.
You will provide first class administrative support and secretarial service to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates, Trainees and other work providers.
You will be supporting the Legal Support Team Leader's in ensuring a high level of client service and provision of quality secretarial services in order to contribute to a world class 24 hour administration service.
We place an important emphasis on the development and wellbeing of our people. We look to enable all of our employees to be the best they can be in order for them to deliver an excellent client service. We provide a specifically tailored Learning & Development Programme for all staff in Secretarial Services, a structured induction programme for all of our new joiners, a buddy scheme, and offer excellent career development opportunities. Our Secretarial Services staff enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Trademark diary management including producing diaries and assisting with reviewing impending trademark deadlines
- Creating GIPM (General Intellectual Property Manager) records and instruction forms for new searches
- Creating, maintaining and updating information including profiling outgoing correspondence to GIPM database
- Ordering trademark searches on various platforms (SAGIS, Coresearch, Inspiro, Avantiq) and completing search reports
- Processing Google search reports
- Sending documentation for legalisation and notarisation to De Pinna
- Evidence collation for trademark and intellectual property matters
- Reviewing and arranging for signature of PoAs, with notarisation/legalisation if required
- Supporting the Trademark Specialists with recordal processes, documentation
- Reporting citations and registration/renewal certificates to clients
- Maintaining extranet sites, agent lists and contact lists
- Managing trademark mailboxes
- Assisting with matter opening
- Call handling
- Inbox and diary management for allocated work providers
- Document/letter (short) production
- Document production (in conjunction with our Document Services Centre)
- Printing, photocopying, faxing, scanning and emailing
- Liaising with couriers
- Ad hoc administration
- Client event coordination
- Basic marketing material creation
- To work collaboratively with other secretarial support for the Department providing a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients
- CITMA Qualification preferred but not essential
- High work standards
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
- Ability to analyse numbers
- Strong document management skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Flexible and efficient work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas' Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
If you are unable to apply online or for more information about this position or wish to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process, please contact Kerry Baird in confidence on either 020 7072 5995 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA - since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.