Our Legal Administrator Apprentice role provides a fantastic opportunity for school leavers to gain excellent exposure across a number of practice groups. Our legal administration apprenticeship is a new and innovative alternative to higher education if you would like to earn while you learn.
This 24 month scheme is designed to help our successful candidates to develop the legal administration and business skills necessary for a career in the legal industry whilst completing a formal qualification. The role involves a rotation across six legal departments providing the unique opportunity to ensure that our apprentices gain the greatest exposure to learn from a range of specialists. The successful candidates will provide general day-to-day administration and co-ordination support for each department. We offer a bespoke programme which combines the CILEX Level 3 Business Administration and CILEX Level 3 Secretarial Diploma course.
It is highly desirable that applicants have a genuine interest in the legal sector and a desire to work in a legal support role. Please note these roles are not a direct route to becoming a qualified lawyer at Baker McKenzie.
The successful applicants will be helping Personal Assistants support fee earners in London and must possess a strong client service focus enabling them to interact well with both external and internal clients at all levels.
It is essential that the successful applicants can demonstrate a professional attitude with strong organizational and time management skills. We are looking for candidates with a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in further career development in legal support.Duties will include:
- Call handling
- Scanning (bills/expenses)
- Assisting with matter openings
- Client event co-ordination
- Basic marketing co-ordination
- Billing administration
- Meeting organization
- Travel organization
- Bundling and indexing legal documents
- Assisting with capacity trackers and working arrangements
- Assisting with the use of the 'Interaction' system
- Document/letter (short) production (in conjunction with our Document Production Unit)
- Proof reading
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organizations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2012 - 2019: currently ranked 10th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or email.NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organizations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
- Entry Requirements: 280 UCAS Points (or equivalent) but we also welcome applications from candidates with the CILEX Level 2 Secretarial Diploma)
- We are looking for someone who is willing with a flexible attitude and who displays:
- Attention to detail: Quality and excellence are the foundations of our fluency; each of us is responsible for achieving uncompromisingly high standards in the service levels we provide and able to understand things from our internal clients' perspective
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Strong communicator, able to interact with team members and client contacts with confidence; able to listen effectively to truly understand needs and drivers of the business
- Communication & Presentation Skills: Solid verbal communication; excellent written and report writing skills; must be able to communicate in English to advanced standard in both written and verbal work
- Analysis and Insight: Good research skills; strong analytical thinking and ability; able to analyze key data and findings and then summarize for general presentation
- Organisation and Planning: Manages own workload to ensure work is completed in time and a quality service is delivered even when under pressure; prioritizes tasks based on their importance and urgency; communicates to internal clients any delays in work or areas of clarification before work is due for completion
- Team work and Flexibility: Works harmoniously with different teams across the department and wider firm; proactively looks to support colleagues during times of heavy workload; shares information with colleagues relevant to their job; takes on new tasks as required and demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- In addition to the above, strong IT skills in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel would be an advantage
- Diversity and Inclusion: Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm