We are looking for a HR Coordinator to join the HR&D Team at Baker McKenzie in London. This is a great opportunity to deliver outstanding administrative and coordination support to the HR Business Partner Team.
The role provides a great opportunity for a candidate keen to commence and develop a career in HR within a truly global law firm.
We are looking for an individual who possesses strong interpersonal and organisational skills. The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and a genuine interest in HR&D. Relevant training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
In particular, the role will include:
HR Administration, Workforce Planning and Reporting
- Updating staff movement tracker.
- Preparation of monthly payroll instructions.
- Preparation of probation, contract variation, new parent leave, secondment and sabbatical letters.
- Processing of flexible working applications.
- Preparation of reference letters (e.g. confirming employment details for current or past employees for future employment, visa, tenancy or mortgage applications).
- Scheduling new joiner, new parent leave and exit interview meetings.
- Calculating and confirming final holiday entitlements and sending out leaver emails.
- Assisting with the logistics for secondees (including booking accommodation and airport transfers)
- Minute (note) taking in formal disciplinary, capability or consultation meetings.
- Invoice coding and processing.
- Maintenance of organisational structure chart
- Updating the internal HR Bulletin.
- Preparation of ad hoc reports.
People Data Management
- Prompt and accurate database management of SAP and PeopleSoft.
- Creation of new hire's records on SAP, PeopleSoft and Payroll systems for all secondees.
- Termination of records on SAP, PeopleSoft and Payroll systems as part of the employee leaver process.
- Updating other employee changes (e.g. department transfers, salary/hours changes, unpaid leave, sabbatical, new parent leave and client secondments) on SAP, PeopleSoft and Payroll systems.
- Updating holiday or personal details records on SAP and PeopleSoft where required.
- Administer updates to policies/templates/DM5 folders.
- Assist with basic queries from employees with support from the relevant HR Officer or HR Business Partner.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual evaluation process including fielding employee queries, reporting and maintaining the evaluation site.
- Carry out any other coordination tasks that are necessary including administration support on projects.
- Scheduling team meetings.
- Participation in the ongoing review of administration processes and practices to ensure successful implementation of recommendations both in the UK and in Manila
- Recommending process improvements on any administrative procedures that could be made more efficient
- Collaborating with other parts of HR&D to align their work and to deliver a seamless service
- Providing back-up support to others within the HR&D team, based both in London and Manila, during periods of absence or workload peaks
- Carrying out any other coordination tasks that are necessary including administration support on projects and other areas of focus for the HRBP and wider HR&D team
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2012 - 2018: currently ranked 6th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Mona Rangar, Interim Recruitment Manager, on 020 7919 5739 or email
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Strong delivery focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule and manage own activities to accomplish objectives.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get involved.
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt to meet current and future business needs.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to build rapport with internal clients and HR colleagues.
- Ability to understand and interpret the Firm’s HR policies and processes.
- Collaborative approach, effectively working with others to achieve team success
- Trusted to maintain confidentiality and operate discretely at all times
- Good IT knowledge, including MS Office (Powerpoint, Word an Excel).