The Human Resources & Development (HR&D) department in London consists of the following teams:
- HR Business Partnering
- Employee Relations, Reward and Management Information & Reporting
- Diversity & CSR
- Learning & Development
- Recruitment (Experienced Hire & Graduate)
- Secretarial Services Management Team
The department also delivers various projects, drawing upon resource from across the above teams, working together.
The Graduate Recruitment & Development team consists of a Manager, two Officers, a Coordinator and an Intern.
The main purpose of the role is to provide first class support to the Graduate Recruitment & Development team, as well as members of the business, universities, candidates and external providers.
In particular, the role will include:
Applicant Tracking System (cvMail):
- Managing candidates through recruitment process, including inviting to testing, video interviews and assessment centres
- Maintaining housekeeping of the system and supporting the GRDM in creation of reports
- Planning and coordination of the training contract assessment day process. Booking rooms, coordinating interviewer and assessor availability and distributing interview paperwork
- Ensuring that correspondence with candidates is timely
- To ensure that all interview information is tracked and recorded
- Work with and produce a regular report for the GRDM and GR Partner on interview/offer/accept statistics
- Managing training contract offer process including drafting offer paperwork, maintaining all relevant trackers, drafting training contracts and terms and conditions of employments for future trainees.
Campus Management and Sponsorship
Under the guidance of the Campus Lead GRDO & GRDM, follow a structured business plan for each university to include:
- Attendance at relevant events, including law fairs and autumn presentations
- Work with the GR Intern to book and manage correspondence with venues
- Work with the GR Intern to coordinate event staffing
- Work with the GR Intern to arrange transport and accommodation where required
Screening & Interviewing/Candidate Management
Screening of training contract, vacation scheme and open day applications in conjunction with the GRDM, GRDOs and GR intern
- Review of video interviews for vacation schemes and campus ambassador programmes
- Supporting the GRDO with our future trainee including Training Contract offer process, grants and fee payment and pastoral issues (supported by the GRDM)
- Support the Learning & Development officer with LPC events, Future Trainees social events, Induction programme and the Firm's relationship with BPP.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Supporting the GRDM and the Inclusion and Diversity team ensuring best practice methods which align to our inclusion and diversity strategy.
- Supporting diversity events alongside the GRDO & GRDM
New Trainee Joiner Process
- Setting up on boarding for new trainee intakes joining the Firm in March and September.
- Creating systems profiles for the new trainees intakes
- Co-ordinating IT and other new joiner requirements for new trainee intakes
- Assisting with logistical arrangements for trainee seat moves and twice yearly production of the Trainee Directory, including all systems updates on SAP and Baker Me.
- Providing support for the trainee qualification process including collation of evaluation forms and final seat feedback, creating and updating trainee summary sheets, updating DM/ManCom qualification presentation and management of the trainee qualification secure intranet site
- Management of the NQ offer process, including system updates, leaver process and related SRA administration
- Providing support for the trainee secondment process including assistance with accommodation arrangements, secondment agreements and secondment guides for trainees
- To attend ad-hoc events and presentations, as necessary
- Ad-hoc project work, as required
- Shared responsibility for the Graduate Recruitment inbox, drafting responses using template email text and escalating any unusual or complex queries as appropriate
- Act as first point of contact for student telephone queries
- Production of standard recruitment reports and maintenance of trainee master documentProcessing applicant and trainee/future trainee reference requests
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 78 offices across 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2012 - 2018: currently ranked 6th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Mona Rangar, Interim Recruitment Manager, on 020 7919 5739
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Experience of a similar role - ideally within a Professional Services environment although this is not a prerequisite
- A flexible approach to meet current and future business needs
- A good knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand the Firm’s HR policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives
- Ability to build rapport at all levels
- Collaborative, effectively working with others to achieve team success
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm