As part of a best in class Graduate Recruitment & Development ("GR&D") team, working closely with and providing first class support to the GR&D Manager, GR&D Partner and Graduate Recruitment panels/stakeholders to deliver a full spectrum of Graduate Recruitment activities. To ensure first class recruitment processes and candidate experience which is designed to deliver high quality, diverse talent, and which supports our Diversity & Inclusion strategy and ensures the Firm's market reputation as an employer of choice.
Applicant Tracking System (cvMail):
- Managing candidates through the recruitment process, including inviting to testing, video interviews and assessment centres
- Maintaining housekeeping of the system and supporting the GRDM in creation of reports
- Planning and coordination of the training contract assessment day process. Booking rooms, coordinating interviewer and assessor availability and distributing interview paperwork
- Ensuring that correspondence with candidates is timely
- Ensuring that all interview information is tracked and recorded
- Work with and produce a regular report for the GRDM and GR Partner on interview/ offer/ accept statistics
- Managing training contract offer process including drafting offer paperwork, maintaining all relevant trackers, drafting training contracts and terms and conditions of employments for future Trainee Solicitors
- Screening of training contract, vacation scheme and open day applications in conjunction with the GRDM, GRDOs and GR intern
- Review of video interviews for first year and vacation schemes and campus ambassador programmes
- Supporting the GRDO with our future trainee process, including training contract offers, grants, fee payment and pastoral issues (supported by the GRDM)
- Organising LPC events and future Trainee Solicitor social events
- Liaising with BPP to confirm future Trainee Solicitor details for the GDL and LPC
Inclusion & Diversity
- Supporting the GRDO and the Inclusion and Diversity team ensuring best practice methods which align to our inclusion and diversity strategy
- Supporting diversity events alongside the GRDO & GRDM
New Trainee Joiner Process
- Setting up on-boarding for Trainee Solicitors joining the Firm in March and September
- Creating system profiles for the Trainee Solicitors
- Co-ordinating IT and other new joiner requirements for Trainee Solicitors
Trainee Solicitor Development
- Assisting with logistical arrangements for Trainee solicitor seat moves including all systems updates on SAP and HR system
- Providing support for the qualification process including collation of evaluation forms and final seat feedback, creating and updating Trainee Solicitor summary sheets, qualification presentation and management of the qualification secure intranet site
- Management of the NQ offer process, including system updates, leaver process and related SRA administration
- Providing support for the Trainee Solicitor secondment process including assistance with accommodation arrangements, secondment agreements and guides
- Ensure that all recruitment processes and communications support the Firm’s brand and that the Firm provides a world-class candidate experience throughout the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure that recruitment activities and initiatives support and are aligned to the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) strategy of the Firm and that D&I is embedded in all processes. Support implementation of innovative strategies to attract diverse candidates
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including Graduate Recruitment Partner, Graduate Recruitment Panel, Trainee Solicitors, Associates, and key business services teams
- Actively participate in assigned recruitment work-stream and sub-streams as required
- Provide support, as and when required, to the Recruitment Leadership Team and work collaboratively as part of a regional Recruitment team, assisting other offices on recruitment activity and projects
- Participate in various recruiter organisations to increase personal networking, knowledge sharing and promotion of the Firm
- Attend ad-hoc events and presentations, as necessary
- Participate in ad-hoc project work, as required
- Shared responsibility for the Graduate Recruitment inbox, drafting responses using template email text and escalating any unusual or complex queries as appropriate
- Production of standard recruitment reports and maintenance of master documents
- Processing applicant and trainee/future Trainee Solicitor reference requests
UK travel only
About The Team
Function The People function (Human Resources & Development) in London consists of the following teams:
- Talent Management
- Diversity & CSR
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers, Performance and Reward
- Recruitment & Mobility
This role will report directly to the Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Recruitment Leadership, including Associate Director of Recruitment, EMEA+
- Graduate Recruitment & Development Officers
- Graduate Recruitment Training Principal
- Trainee Partners
- Trainee Solicitors
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of a similar role - ideally within a professional services organisation at a coordinator level
- Conscientious, flexible and with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- First class written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional manner at all times, even when under pressure, acting as an ambassador for the Function and the Firm
- Ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives
- Strong client service and delivery mind-set
- Ability to work collaboratively and to build effective networks across all levels of the business
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of a 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Gareth Newbery, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5743 or email@example.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women’s Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.