To work closely with Global Recruitment Managers, Global Recruitment Coordinators and Regional Directors of Recruitment to deliver first-class sourcing, pipelining and candidate engagement, whilst supporting the delivery and coordination of significant hiring numbers in a hands-on and direct sourcing capacity.
- Work closely with the Global Recruitment Managers and Coordinators to efficiently execute all Business Professional sourcing related activities, with a focus on attracting and hiring diverse talent
- Work across boundaries (geography, industry and level), work autonomously and collaborate with peers around the world to explore talent networks, develop creative sourcing solutions to attract talent and participate in meaningful projects to evolve the sourcing function
- Partner with and ensure effective collaboration and communication with in-market Recruitment and Talent teams, Recruitment co-ordinators and administrators to drive best-in-class recruitment and functional cohesiveness
- Develop, execute, and monitor online candidate search campaigns using a variety of internet search engines as a delivery vehicle for producing quality candidates, while reducing dependency on agencies
- Where vendors are used, adhere to preferred supplier strategy to ensure optimal vendor performance and appropriate pricing
- Identify key institutions to work with, career fairs and creative sourcing options to build our employer brand and talent network
- Build and maintain a strong candidate pipeline of passive candidates and create an exceptional and engaging experience for all candidates
- Work seamlessly with the E2E team to ensure interviews are scheduled in a timely and efficient manner
- Track data and produce regular reporting for stakeholders (including Recruitment Directors, Hiring Managers, Global Recruitment Managers) against pre-defined sourcing metrics
- Ensure consistency in the application, assessment, interview and hiring processes
- Collect, track and maintain movement of applications in existing Applicant Tracking System (ATS), including applications received outside the ATS/referrals; ensure new requisitions are inputted in ATS
- Ensure that Firm processes are adhered to at all times, including Workforce Planning, approvals and budgeting.
- Ensure that all recruitment sourcing processes support the Firm's brand and that the Firm provides a world-class candidate experience throughout the selection process
About The Team
The Firm's People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm's people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm's leadership to design and deliver the Firm's people strategy, building on the firm's core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services and
- Total Rewards
This role will report to the Global Recruitment Manager/s - Business Professionals.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Regional Recruitment Directors
- Business Professional Functional Leaders/Hiring Managers
- Global Business Professional Sourcing team
- In-market HR/Recruitment colleagues
- Center based recruitment teams (E2E)
- Recruitment co-ordinators and administrators
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in international recruiting, including developing, executing, and monitoring online candidate search campaigns using a variety of internet search engines as a delivery vehicle for producing quality diverse candidates
- Relevant experience of supporting recruiting processes and delivering operational excellence in a complex global organisation, preferably in a professional services sector
- Extensive experience in supporting professional and business services recruitment (e.g. Finance, Operations, Human Resources, IT, Business Development, Marketing, Communications, and other support functions)
- Technologically capable with experience in working with and maintaining Applicant Tracking Systems
- Demonstrated research experience; expert user of Boolean search methodology and other sourcing tools
- Exceptional relationship-building and influencing skills to proactively network and build connections
- Entrepreneurial mindset; comfortable working with minimal direction and proactively takes initiative within a globally dispersed team
- Able to bring good judgement and empathy to sensitive situations
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!