This position will work closely with the Regional Directors of Recruitment, Global Recruitment Coordinators and sourcing team to deliver a first-class recruitment experience to all Business Professional candidates and Hiring Managers. Execution of full life-cycle recruitment processes (internal and external) to successfully hire across Business Professional vacancies, leveraging regional and global resources whilst delivering significant hiring numbers in a hands-on and direct sourcing capacity.
This role is open to any office or Center.
- Take ownership of the operational execution of end-to-end Business Professional recruitment, working with the global recruiting team and with support from center based (E2E) recruitment colleagues, including role posting, executing go to market strategy, efficiently managing applications, candidate shortlisting and interviewing, working with hiring managers and functional leaders to agree and deliver best practice process and interviews, offer management and pre-onboarding activity, ensuring a seamless transition to Talent colleagues for onboarding
- Maintain a consistent high-quality pipeline of passive and active inclusive and diverse talent, working closely with and overseeing the Global Sourcer/s and Global Recruitment Coordinator/s
- Partner with and ensure effective collaboration and communication with in-market Recruitment and Talent teams, Recruitment co-ordinators and administrators to drive best-in-class recruitment and functional cohesiveness
- Work with the Regional Directors of Recruitment to continuously improve and implement effective recruitment processes to ensure sourcing/hiring best practices are implemented and followed
- Partner with the Firm's senior leadership including Function Leaders to navigate resourcing challenges, ensuring highest quality service delivery
- Ensure adherence to Workforce Planning and budgeting / approvals process at all time
- Work with Regional Directors of Recruitment to deliver timely and accurate reporting of all related recruitment activities and use data to drive recruitment performance and track FTE headcount
- Execute recruitment strategies that drive creative sourcing methodologies and reduce dependency on agencies
- Where vendors are used, adhere to preferred supplier strategy to ensure optimal vendor performance and appropriate pricing
- Ensure that all recruitment processes support the Firm's brand and that the Firm provides a world-class candidate experience throughout the selection process
The role may require limited travel
About The Team
The Firm's People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm's people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm's leadership to design and deliver the Firm's people strategy, building on the firm's core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services and
- Total Rewards
This role will report to the Regional Director(s) of Recruitment.
The direct reports of this role will be with the Global Recruitment Sourcer/s - Business Professionals and Global Recruitment Coordinators - Business Professionals
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Business Professional Functional Leaders / Hiring Managers
- In-market Recruitment and HR colleagues
- Center based recruitment colleagues (E2E)
- Role Process Manager and Workforce Planning
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of running significant high volume strategic recruitment in a complex global organisation
- Ideally, international recruitment experience with a developed understanding of resourcing dynamics across regions
- Extensive experience in supporting professional and business services recruitment (e.g. Finance, Operations, Human Resources, IT, Business Development, Marketing, Communications, and other support functions)
- Strong track record in direct sourcing methodologies and delivery
- Strong collaborative working style
- Able to work at pace, problem solve and deliver solutions against tight timelines
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and senior and executive stakeholders
- Able to bring good judgement and empathy to sensitive situations
- Experience of working in a Professional Services organisation would be highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas' Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on +442070725731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.