The Facilities Services department provides support and assistance for Incoming/Outgoing Mailroom services. Specifically transportation of all mails via internal floors and operational duties for special/recorded/international royal mail franking services. A good customer service approach with a professional manner in order to maintain quality service.
- Ensure service provider perform deliveries and collections to high standards and where necessary report to supervisor any failures
- Provide assistance to ensure regular and efficient internal delivery programme of incoming items
- Provide assistance to communicate where necessary of incoming items
- Ensure efficient process of all outbound postal items efficiently and record where necessary
- Ensure regular checking of PC based Fax software and deal with facsimile requests
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with all clients
- Ensure regular collections whilst making floor deliveries
- Report any complaints or issues to supervisor or where possible provide remedial actions
- Collection of incoming postal bags via Royal Mail/DX
- Collection of incoming post via Courier Services
- Log all incoming post via Courier Services onto relevant systems
- Record all special deliveries and incoming cheques
- Book local and international courier assignments using best cost option and provide advice to internal clients
- Ensure paperwork is logged and completely appropriately
- Deal with any service failures in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Ensure appropriate stock levels for post stationery
- Provide assistance to Accounts with local bank collection/deposits
- Provide assistance with courier and postal invoices
- Provide support for Helpdesk queries via appropriate helpdesk software
- Provide security access support for when Helpdesk is unattended or out of core hours
- Willingness to provide support to other areas where necessary
- Working hours: 07:30 - 16:30 or 09:00 - 18:00 with flexibility on hours
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2012 - 2018: currently ranked 6th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or email
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to work under pressure and keep calm
- Ability to multi-task and operate independently without supervision
- Ability to work and communicate within team
- Use of initiative and be proactive to work methods
- Ability to provide a friendly and client focused service
- Smart, professional in appearance and good communication skills
- Confidentiality & discretion required
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to work as part of a team - supportive & helpful
- Highly motivated & resilient
- Knowledge of general Facilities Services
- PC literate including use of Outlook
- Physical Capability for lifting duties
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm