We are looking for a Client Administration Specialist to join the Finance & Accounting team in London. You will be working to ensure that the London office adheres to the Firm's policy in relation to Client Administration.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who has extensive experience gained from working in a business services environment in a Global law firm.
No prior experience in this particular area is required as it is unique and highly specialised.
Full training will be provided, however some previous experience in Finance would be beneficial.
We are looking for someone who is able to communicate confidently at all levels and develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders. The successful candidate should be organised, proactive and responsive, with a willingness to take ownership. Excellent attention to detail is essential.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Fully understanding the Client Administration processes
- Ensuring processes are followed in accordance with the guidelines set by the Firm's Administration
- Actively reviewing and prioritising outstanding inquiries
- Consulting with Partners face to face on a regular basis to gather information and preparing summaries for the Client Administration Manager
- Regularly reviewing matters opened
- Responding promptly to inquiries from Partners, Associates and PAs on Client Administration queries
- Management / delivery of bespoke reports and analysis requested by the Client Administration Manager at periodic intervals or on an ad-hoc basis and interpreting results
- Managing adhoc research projects
- Liaising with and utilising the support function in Manila to delegate certain administrative tasks
- Maintaining the Client Administration workflow document
- Developing an effective working relationship with Partners and Associates
- Working with and supporting colleagues within the Matter Opening team to ensure new matters are assigned correctly
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive. It is a great time to be joining the London LPM team. With a variety of backgrounds and personalities, there is a great ethos and mutual support in the team. We are making as much progress in aligning our processes as we are encouraging an entrepreneurial tailored approach to matters. The early groundwork required to educating the firm on the benefits of LPM is mostly complete, allowing the new LPMs to come in and pick up the trusted role of delivering on the process and many leadership aspects of matters. Internally and externally the LPM brand is very strong and there is a platform to bring solutions (tactical and broader innovation), different mindsets on approach, technology and commerciality and opportunity to shape the law firm of the future from the inside.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or via email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer on 020 7072 5731 or via email
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Experience of working within a professional services environment
- Significant business administrative experience
- Good academic credentials (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Experience of working with Partners and Associates and the ability to develop strong relationships and to influence and challenge effectively
- Ability to establish productive working relationships across all areas of the business
- Desire to learn and to keep up to date with developments
- Strong IT skills, including experience with spreadsheets, and ability to provide financial information and use spreadsheets as required
- An individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus and a team player
- Deals with sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to take initiative and manage own workload
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Flexible in attitude and approach to work with a willingness to work beyond core hours when required
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm