The Assistant Client Manager - HLS (Healthcare Life Sciences) will support Client Managers/Senior Managers with relationship management and business development initiatives focused on growing our IKC relationships, supporting on one or two IKCs.
Responsible for the growth and management of two to three of their own IKCs, driving business development in line with the goals of the client team.
The role will involve direct contact with lawyers, including senior partners, and clients enabling the individual to directly play a part in driving the Firm's client growth strategy; and working collaboratively on opportunities with global, regional and local BD colleagues to develop our largest client relationships.
- Support day-to-day efforts to assess how the Firm is facing the client organisation; work with the CSDs and Client Managers/Senior Managers to determine what relationships need to be protected/strengthened/explored further in order to grow profitable revenues
- Proactively drive the implementation of the strategic client plan and associated tactical actions in conjunction with the Client Team
- Undertake client research and analysis as needed to identify and support relationship development opportunities
- Coordinate internal client team meetings as well as meetings with the client and client conferences, including running agendas, recording key actions and ensuring their implementation
- Prepare external and internal client reports and tailor communications, including the collation and tracking of value added information and the analysis of data
- Assist with global panel pitches and tenders and provide necessary client-centric guidance and input into local office and practice-specific pitches.
- Oversee a number of client relationship management trackers and tools
- Manage internal client team communications to improve the global coordination of our largest client teams
- Act as a key point of contact for internal queries
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Solid relevant experience in marketing and/or business development in a professional services environment is essential
- Understanding of the basics of client relationship management
- Confidence in contributing to business development discussions with timekeepers
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach when working with different personalities
- Strong research & analysis capabilities allied to excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project coordination and time management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and a self-starter
- Ability to deal with people at all levels, including senior stakeholders
- Able to present ideas and views clearly and with confidence
- Strong sense of commerciality and client-led approach
- Creative problem solving
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Strong Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills