To ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from the Global Technology Help Desk. Problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on support at the on-site level.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, supporting video conference equipment and software, and configuring applications
- Own and drive issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remain engaged on issues until resolution
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and in-room systems, along with audio conferencing services
- Participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment
- Serve as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assist customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone, mail, or instant messaging applications in a courteous manner
- Build rapport with customers
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required)
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Understand the essential responsibilities of the position and works continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role
- Support, operate, and maintain AV equipment for live meetings and events
- Provide support and demonstrate expert knowledge of online webinar tools and applications
- Act as a backup trainer when requested
This role does not typically have travel requirements however may have occasional travel to provide temporary support to other offices as required.
About The Team
The Firm's Technology function is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the Firm's global technology infrastructure, including architecture, hardware, software, computer networking, communications, and data management. The function works closely with lawyers, clients, and PBS functions to ensure our technology offering is best-in-class and forward-thinking, allowing the Firm to provide its clients with cutting-edge, innovative legal and business advice via up-to-date technology products and solutions.
This role will report to either the Supervisor/Manager On-site IT Support, or Manager, IT Service Delivery.
The key relationships of this role are with all attorneys/staff members.
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications, and experience
- Strong Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware with a focus on workstations and laptops
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10
- Significant application support experience with Microsoft Office 2016 or higher
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework, along with responding to and managing, and resolving support desk tickets
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- In cases where support needs to be provided in languages other than English, proficiency in English is also required
- Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and on weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with the agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative, and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve mutually satisfactory outcomes; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures, and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of a 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Thomson Reuters (formerly Acritas' Sharplegal) Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index, 2010- 2022 - ranked 1st
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2021-2022: currently ranked 52nd
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as one of the 400 Largest US Law Firms in in its annual survey in 2020.
- Identified as one of the Hall of Fame for best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, 2011-2021.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top 100 Employers for LGBTQ+, 2017-2020.
- Ranked as one of the Top 75 Employers in the 2021 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Received Double Certification for earning top marks in the 2022 Corporate Equality Index and Equidad MX of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Winner of the Europe Mentorship Programme - International Firm award in the Euromoney Women in Business Law Europe Awards 2021
- Winner of the Gender Diversity International Firm, Talent Management International Firm, and Work-Life Balance International Firm awards in the Euromoney Women in Business Law Asia Awards 2021
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5731 or Vanessa.Renforth@bakermckenzie.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.