We are looking for a Public Relation Officer for the Corporate Department who can demonstrate high personal integrity with at least 5 years of proven experience in Law Firms
- Provide first class support to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates, Paralegals, Trainees, other work providers and clients.
- Support the Corporate Team in ensuring a high level of client service and PR activities and ensure effective communication with Government Agencies (e.g. DED, MOE, Notary Public, MOFA, MOHRE, DHA, MOH, Municipality, etc.) stakeholders.
- Setting up companies and undertake other licensing procedures in different Dubai free zones.
- To work collaboratively with other PROs to support the Department, to provide a responsive and professional support service to fee earners and clients.
- Provide regular reporting on matters.
- Provide insight on new practical processes within the authorities.
- Accompany clients to government agencies and notaries.
About the Team
The Corporate department provides high level of M&A (public and private) services to a wide range of clients as well as advisory services covering a wide-range of corporate/commercial matters including foreign investment, capital markets, competition, commercial and regulatory, real estate, government contracts, commercial agency and franchising, to a wide range of clients. Clients include private equity funds, publically listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and major national and multinational corporations. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
The UAE Corporate Team is a large team and we work across 6 key industry groups: Consumer Goods & Retail, Energy Mining & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation, Technology, Media and Telecoms.
The role will report to the Partner of Corporate & Securities PG.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Corporate Fee-earners
- Government Entities
- PROs across the Firm
About the Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Law Firms in similar job with strong experience with government organizations.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and challenging environment;
- Strong technical skills, including proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing and speaking). Arabic is not necessary but an added value;
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively, particularly with local government bodies;
- Strong organizational skills together with the ability to prioritize;
- Understanding of the importance of Client Service
- People Management experience
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East - Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients' needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, Recruitment Manager on +97144230000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA - since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.