Our Dispute Resolution practice is seeking two (2) bilingual Paralegals to join the team. It is essential that the successful applicants have gained commercial paralegal experience from a professional services environment, ideally within a law firm. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Conducting legal research for judicial precedents, laws and regulations
- Translating and summarizing the hearings and judgments into English and preparing them in the set reply format to be sent to the clients within one working day
- Preparing legal proposals, retainer agreements and POAs
- Following up with the lawyers on pending emails, correspondences in addition to preparing the exhibits, bundles, attending meetings, taking meeting minutes/notes, following up with clients to make sure they get their response on time with a professional/accurate format
- Attending meetings with the clients and write the meeting minutes
- Following up with court clerks regarding client’s queries and executions
- Drafting legal memos, notices and pleadings
- Liaising with governmental authorities where relevant
- Coordinating with the accounts to send the invoices and any outstanding payments to clients and follow up on their financial status
- Preparing weekly reports on legal cases, departmental statistics and management information
- Summarizing legal documents and working on standard litigation files with supervising attorney
- Assisting legal consultants in the preparation of their advices and correspondences
- Performing searches with courts and government authorities
- Drafting and checking legal forms/contracts and submissions for accuracy and completion
- Preparing correspondences to and directly liaising with clients, government departments, courts etc.
Our UAE team is a full service dispute resolution practice able to advise our clients on a wide variety of complex domestic and international disputes and conflict avoidance matters for some of the world’s major companies, banks, insurers and public bodies. We are experienced in strategic dispute analysis, litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. The firm’s global expertise means it is also particularly well suited to advise in relation to multi-jurisdictional disputes and to conduct international arbitrations and litigation in courts overseas. We frequently advise on complex cross-border disputes often working closely with our other offices to provide a seamless multi-jurisdictional service.
We represent the widest possible range of clients: from states and sovereign funds, through multinational corporations to professional practices such as law and accountancy firms and private individuals. This varied client base means that we fully understand that different disputes and clients require different approaches, strategies and solutions. We advise on high-value and complex conventional litigation (whether High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court), arbitration or alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation. We also understand that many cases have to be handled with great sensitivity and our experience with the media enables us to offer unrivalled advice where a dispute is likely to reach the public eye.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- Law degree qualification or equivalent
- Commerciality and demonstrable business development experience
- Excellent Arabic-English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations).
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +971 4 423 0000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.