Our Mergers & Acquisitions team is seeking to hire a Paralegal. Successful applicants should have gained commercial paralegal experience from a professional services environment, ideally within a law firm. The role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Liaising and assisting with setting up companies, including where applicable, with government authorities such as the ADGM, Ministry of Economy, RAK Free Zone, SAIF Zone, DIFC, DED, JAFZA, DAFZA, TECOM/DCCA, Central Bank, Chamber of Commerce, and other governmental authorities.
- Performing record searches with government authorities.
- Undertake legal due diligence for M&A, private equity and venture capital team.
- Review legislation and case precedents;
- General research including in media, journals and publications.
- Liaising with and providing instructions to PROs and/or any other concerned personnel. May include accompanying PROs for certain matters.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as Application forms, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Board and Shareholder resolutions and powers of attorney.
- Prepare clients correspondence in the form of letters, emails and faxes.
- Work under the supervision of associates and partners.
- Perform administrative functions related to the Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions department.
- Any other tasks as & when assigned by the management.
Our UAE offices offer clients one of the strongest corporate, M&A, private equity, venture capital, investment funds and commercial practices in the UAE. Our team in the UAE works closely with global clients including major tech companies and multinationals, the region’s leading sovereign wealth funds, private equity and venture capital funds and family offices. With offices across the region including in Saudi Arabia ('Tier 1' for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Egypt ('Tier 1' for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Bahrain ('Tier 1' for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Turkey ('Tier 1' for Commercial, Corporate and M&A) the UAE team is fully integrated and offers clients unrivalled coverage for their most sensitive transactions. We are known for our deep knowledge of not just the UAE legal environment but the regional deal landscape and for being able to offer fully integrated advice across the region and globally.
Clients include private equity funds, publically listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and major national and multinational corporations. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
As the Practice is fast growing, the prospects of career promotion are promising for the right candidate. The emphasis is on developing well rounded, technically astute, commercially aware, relationship-focused lawyers, who are interested in a long-term career in a global law firm.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a paralegal role.
- Experience and/or training with a leading international firm.
- Excellent Arabic-English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations).
- Initiative and proactivity.
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for those relationships.
- High work standards.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
- A keenness to learn.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of backgrounds found in the firm and amongst our client base.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker & McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +44 7593 565 166.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker & McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker & McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker & McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.