Our Dispute Resolution practice is seeking a bilingual junior/mid-level Associate to join their growing team. Candidate (qualified solicitors) would form part of a hugely successful Dispute Resolution practice with experience in the Banking Litigation would be particularly helpful. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Advising clients on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on commercial litigation, and banking litigation. Associates work in a collegiate environment, for a range of partners, and can expect a good variety of work
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility they are ready for, rather than a PQE based method of work allocation
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial
- There are regular opportunities for secondments with clients. Posting to other offices under the firm's associate transfer programme is also a possibility
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work is encouraged
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of Paralegals' work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team
Our UAE team is a full service dispute resolution practice able to advise our clients on a wide variety of domestic and international disputes and conflict avoidance matters for some of the world’s major companies, banks, insurers and public bodies. We are experienced in strategic dispute analysis, litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. The firm’s global expertise means it is also particularly well suited to advise in relation to multi-jurisdictional disputes and to conduct international arbitrations and litigation in courts overseas. We frequently advise on complex cross-border disputes often working closely with our other offices to provide a seamless multi-jurisdictional service.
We represent the widest possible range of clients: from states and sovereign funds, through multinational corporations to professional practices such as law and accountancy firms and private individuals. This varied client base means that we fully understand that different disputes and clients require different approaches, strategies and solutions. We advise on high-value and complex conventional litigation (whether High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court), arbitration or alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation. We also understand that many cases have to be handled with great sensitivity and our experience with the media enables us to offer unrivalled advice where a dispute is likely to reach the public eye.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials
- Current experience in the dispute resolution department of a leading firm
- Strong commercial litigation experience
- First rate technical skills needed to support the client work of the department
- Commerciality and demonstrable business development experience
- Excellent Arabic-English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations).
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +971 4 423 0000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.