We are currently seeking ambitious, energetic and talented Junior Associate with experience ranging from 1 to 3 years PQE to join our Corporate team. The role will involve:
- Work on large scale, complex cross-border UAE and GCC corporate transactions.
- Assist Senior Associates and Partners in the management of deals, including drafting, negotiating, control of due diligence and disclosure exercises and closings, managing projects to a budget, and taking responsibility for client satisfaction.
- General corporate advisory on transactional corporate matters (such as shareholders' agreements, joint venture agreements, share sale and purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements).
- Advise on UAE limited liability companies and joint stock companies, amendments to articles of association and bylaws of UAE companies.
- Advise on UAE foreign investment regulations and licensing processes.
- Well-versed in the UAE Commercial Companies Law and procedures and practices.
- Good command of commercial laws in UAE such as agency, distribution, compliance and privacy.
- Familiarity with relevant UAE authorities both onshore and in free zones.
- Exposure to DIFC laws and regulation would be an important addition.
- Willingness to engage in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the Firm and seeking opportunities for new work principally through supporting the relevant Senior Associates and Partners.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of Paralegals work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
- Sector expertise such as technology or health care is an added value.
The Corporate department provides high level of M&A (public and private) services to a wide range of clients as well as advisory services covering a wide-range of corporate/commercial matters including foreign investment, capital markets, competition, commercial and regulatory, real estate, government contracts, commercial agency and franchising, to a wide range of clients. Clients include private equity funds, publically listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and major national and multinational corporations. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
The UAE Corporate Team is a large team and we work across 6 key industry groups: Consumer Goods & Retail, Energy Mining & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation, Technology, Media and Telecoms.
Our key differentiator is our Lawyers who collaborate across borders, markets and industries around the globe. Our Lawyers embrace new ideas and emerging technologies to give businesses confidence in these uncertain times.
This position will be within the Corporate M&A team. The Junior Associate will primarily support our Corporate Team in UAE. As the Practice is fast growing, the prospects of career promotion are promising for the right candidate.
The emphasis is on developing well rounded, commercially aware, relationship-focused lawyers, who are interested in a long-term career in a global law firm.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer (junior-mid level) with excellent academics credentials
- Commerciality and an interest in business development experience
- Excellent English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations), Arabic language is an added value.
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Flexible work practices
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, Recruitment Manager on +97144230000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.